Change font for Site Title only

I’m attempting to change the font of the site title only, but am having no luck. I’m entering the following into the customize -> additional CSS section:

span.site-name a {
font-family: ‘Great Vibes’, cursive;
font-size: 35px;
}

Nothing seems to be happening.

Thank you!

Also, this is the link to my website…

Hello,

Please try to use this CSS code:

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Great+Vibes');
.site-title a {
    font-family: 'Great Vibes', cursive;
}

…instead of this:

.site-title,
.site-description{
  text-indent: -9999px;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

Kharis Sulistiyono also responded, and commented that I was actually attempting to change the “slide title” rather than the “site title”. He provide the following code:

.text-slider .maintitle {
font-family: ‘Great Vibes’, cursive;
}

He also mentioned Great Vibes font isn’t a general font and I would have to import. Is this correct, or is there a piece of code I can put into custom CSS that would make the font change? I’m a beginner to wordpress, so the less steps the better.

I appreciate any and all guidance!

Thanks

Hello,

You mentioned in your first post of this topic that you want to change site title only, code that I provided should do it (including font importing). But you have the code that hides your site title and tagline, that’s why I wrote you to replace it with the code that I provided.

CSS code that you mentioned above should change text slider main title, not the site title. And it won’t import the font.

Kind Regards, Roman.

So I was able to get my slider title font changed and resized (by downloading typekit and choosing different font), but now the mobile view is distorted. This is the code I entered into customize - add’l css

.text-slider .maintitle {
font-family: “tangerine”,sans-serif;
font-size: 90px;
}

Any code that would correct the mobile view would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Gavin

Hello,

I see that the topic is old, but I checked the website and mobile view looks okay so I’ll close this topic.

Please feel free to create a new topic if you have any other issues that you would like to resolve.

Kind Regards, Roman.