Change Font Color in the Client/Testimonial Section

I found a previous topic regarding the subject and IT ALMOST WORKED!

Roman advised someone to add the following CSS code to change the font color that appears in the Client section of the Sydney Pro theme-

div.widget_sydney_testimonials div.customer div.name,
div.widget_sydney_testimonials div.customer div.name span{
color: #000000 !important;
}

Doing so changed the font to black for the 2 bottom levels, but not for the actual Testimonials (which still remain white). How can I make that entire font area change to black?

Here is the page I am referring to- www.mtmacs.com

Thank you for your help!

Hello there,

Add the below CSS code, please.

.widget_sydney_testimonials blockquote {
  color: #000000 !important;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks again, Kharis!!!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Okay, since you said so!!! Lol.

Is there anyway to do a slight background overlay along with the text in the Testimonial area? Or change the font size & make it bold? It would be nice to know what other options I could use to make that section stand out. I really like the photo in the background, but it’s a bit tricky with the text being one color. I’d rather not use an entire overlay over the background photo.

I also just started a new topic for my most perplexing issue at the moment- https://athemes.com/forums/topic/sydney-video-widget-is-causing-parsed-javascript-during-initial-page-load/

Perhaps you could shed some light on that issue too? Thank you so much!

Hello there,

I think you’ll need to reduce the opacity level of the overlay. Use the below CSS code:

#pg-220-4 .overlay {
   opacity: 0.4;  
}

The default value is 0.7.

To manage the font size, use the below CSS code:

/* Text */
.roll-testimonials .whisper {
  font-size: 22px;
  line-height: 30px;
}

/* Name */
.roll-testimonials .name {
  font-size: 30px;
}

/* Client function/Company name */
.roll-testimonials .name span {
  font-size: 18px;  
}  

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, Kharis! The font size CSS code worked great, but I couldn’t get the overlay opacity code to work. It would be really helpful to figure that out, I’m sure this won’t be the first time that I need to do that. Is there something else we could try?

I appreciate all of your help!

I just realized I had previously disabled the row overlay, that’s why your code wasn’t work. Now that I’ve enabled the overlay I’m able to adjust the opacity levels.

Thank you!

How can I adjust the speed of the testimonials? They cycle to fast to read them entirely.

To manage the slide speed, edit your Sydney FP: Testimonials widget. Increase the number value for Autoplay time.

Regards,
Kharis

Case closed. Thanks for all your help, Kharis!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis