Change colour of primary menu (i.e my main menu on the front page)

I have read several queries and responses on similar issues and tried the suggested code in one or two instances but without success.

I just need to change the colour of the text of the main menu items as they are not readable against the slider image which I want to keep.

An alternative may be to place a background colour for the menu but that is less preferred option.

How do I do either or both. I have tried code in the child menu but that had not effect

Mu site is HR Management Dimensions

Thank you in the hope of a solution that I understand

Hello there,

Could you please try to apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css?

.home #mainnav ul li a{
  color: #ffd700 !important;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis, thank you for replying but unfortunately the colour of the menu item is still the same. I paste your code into my child theme style sheet but no change.

Any other proposals?

Thanks

Hello there,

Please be sure that the group of CSS code in your child theme’s style.css file is error free. You can check it by using this tool: https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you to all the menu items have changed colour as per code changes.

I think I was too impatient and did not allow the changes to work through the system

thanks again have changed ticket status to solved

Awesome, you figured it out.

Please feel free to open a new topic if you need anything else.

Regards,
Kharis