Change color of titles on portfolio with CSS

Hello,
Thanks for your great theme. I found on this forum how to display the title of the project in the masonry portfolio overlay.

I put this code in the portfolio plugin and it’s working perfectly :

$output .= ‘<div class=“project-item item isotope-item ’ . $termsString . '”><div class=“project-pop”></div><div class=“project-title”>’ . get_the_title() . ‘</div>’ . get_the_post_thumbnail($post->ID,‘sydney-mas-thumb’) . ‘</div>’;
else :
$output .= ‘<div class=“project-item item isotope-item ’ . $termsString . '”><div class=“project-pop”></div><div class=“project-title”>’ . get_the_title() . ‘</div>’ . get_the_post_thumbnail($post->ID,‘sydney-mas-thumb’) . ‘</div>’;
endif;

Then I changed the CSS with this :

.project-title {
color: #FFF;
background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.7);
font-size: 20px;
margin-top: 60px;
text-align: center;
opacity: 5;
}

But now, I would like to have the text color in dark but when I tried to do it with #000 for exemple, it doesn’t work… I can only change the font-size.

Anyone to help me ?

thanks in advance
Regards,
Pauline

Hello Pauline,

Your CSS code seems to be correct. Please share your site’s URL here, so I can have a closer look.

Regards,
Kharis

thanks in advance

regards

Try to apply the following CSS code:

.project-title{
  color: #000;
}

Let me know how it goes. You would need to clear your browser’s cache before reloading your site.

Regards,
Kharis

Sorry it doesn’t work, I’ve cleared my browser’s cache before, and now it’s still white color.

Let me ask a thing. Where did you apply that code?

Regards,
Kharis

I put it in the CSS style like that, is it the right place ?

like that

I am afraid, that won’t work. CSS code supplied there must be inline CSS, for instance, color: #000.

Try to apply custom CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css instead.

Regards,
Kharis

ok thanks for your help, I applied the CSS code in the Simple Custom CSS plugin and it’s working perfectly ! thanks for your help ! have a good sunday ! Regards,
Pauline