Change color of the magnifying glass in 'Projects'

Hi again,

I would like to change color of the magnifying glass in ‘Projects’ with CSS and tried with an extra line in this CSS code. Is the extra line in this CSS code OK? Or should it be in another way? It seems to work …

.link-icon, .pp-icon {
-webkit-transition: all .5s !important;
transition: all .5s !important;
color: #404040 !important;
}

I hope you can help! Thank you in advance!

Hello there,

I tried your code on my test site. I found nothing wrong with that code and should be working. Probably there’s CSS error before that line of code? Try validating it with this tool.

Other common reason of why new code addition won’t take any effect in the front end is site caching. Try flushing it (if applied) whenever new changes/additions applied.

https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your help!!

CSS code is really not my thing, but after I have checked the tool you recommended maybe the CSS code should be like this instead:

.link-icon, .pp-icon {
transition : all 0.5s !important ;
color : #404040 !important ;
}

What do you think?

Please, let me know and thank you very much for your help!

Hello there,

I feel I need to inspect the exact situation you’re having. Please share a link to your site here. Probably there’s other code or something stopping it.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi again,

The CSS code seems to work, but I don’t know if the CSS code is ok?

Thank you in advance!

Hello there,

I inspected your site and found the code is working. However it isn’t noticeable because it’s not quite light. Try red color instead to see how it actually affects.

.link-icon, .pp-icon {
  transition : all 0.5s !important ;
  color : red !important ;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi again,

Thank you very much for your help!! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis