Change background image SiteOrigin

Hi, I am using Sydney theme and wanted to change the background image that is used in one of the widgets (sections) of the “My front page”. The part that in the demo data has “DO YOU WANT TO…”. In the SiteOrigin Page Builder for the page, there is nothing to specify background image. I went into the text editor and found the image in the code (style=“background-image: url(http://demo.athemes.com/sydney/wp-content/uploads/sites/35/2015/03/imac-606765_1280.jpg);”. I did not change it. I just wanted to find the name. I reverted out of the editor and back to the Page Builder and the whole section had vanished. Now when I view my site (www.costablancabathrooms.com) this section of the home page has an error : Warning: Illegal string offset ‘panels_info’ in /home/jacksonplumb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/widgets/layout.php on line 33 and Warning: Illegal string offset ‘class’ in /home/jacksonplumb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/widgets/layout.php on line 33.

Somthing seems to have not been saved or has been overwritten when I went into the text editor.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hello there,

I visited your site and it looks like the error you mentioned isn’t appeared. Have you been able to sort it out?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, yes issue is resolved. Something really strange was happening with the page builder. This was causing the issue. I got it resolved. Would still like to know how to change the background image though. I have changed it by replacing/overwriting the existing image file with the one I want (keeping the same file name/location. I cannot find another way to do it.

1 Like

Hello there,

That’s actually row’s image background that can be set in the row settings. Under the Row Styles expand the Design tab and then find the image background uploader.

Regards,
Kharis

Got it, many thanks. I was looking at the row content not the row design.

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis