Change background and font color

My problem is that I want the background of sites to be black and the color of the font white. As you can see in my “About” or “Gallery” category, the background is white with black font. How can I change that?

Site: https://bit.ly/2H5N46Z

Hello there,

Please try adding the below CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

body, 
    .widget-area .widget, 
    .widget-area .widget a,
    .entry-title, 
    .entry-title a {
      color: #fff000;
    }

.hentry,
    .site-content > .container {
      background-color: transparent;
      border: none;
    } 

Regards,
Kharis

It works :slightly_smiling_face:

I want to add a wordwrap, so that there is a greater distance between header and text. How can i do this?

Is there a solution for my problem?

Hello there,

Please try adding this extra CSS code:

.entry-title {
       margin-bottom: 30px;
    }

If it doesn’t do what you wanted, please share a link to the page in question and mention how the text reads, so I can be more exact.

Regards,
Kharis

I added the code to my aditional CSS section, but nothing changed.

The problem is on the site: http://whataboutuz.com/about/

I want a greater distance between header and text

Try greater value. For example:

.page .entry-title {
           margin-bottom: 80px;
    } 

Regards,
Kharis

Now it works. I think the “.page” command was the reason because it wasnt included in the first code.
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Great! You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, I’ve got a similar problem with my site on Astrid. However although using the code above has solved the problem with the background perfectly (thank you), it’s changed the text colour from white to yellow across the site. For the life of me I can’t work out which part of the code is messing it up - I’ve tried removing a few lines with no joy.

I can go to each page individually & change the font colour which is a bit of a pain, but I can’t seem to amend the page title colours so ideally I just need to get the code amended slightly.

Thanks for any help

Hi,

Thank you for chiming in.

We can use additional CSS code for specific areas needing to change the colours. But need to inspect the page directly to find out the exact CSS selector to use. Thus I’d request you to share a link to your page here. So I can help you in a better way.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi thank you for such a fast response. The site is https://www.beautyofsymmetry.co.uk I did start amending some of the pages individually but decided better to look for a proper fix.

Don’t worry about anything not finished on the site, I’ve only just started moving it to Astrid. Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the link.

To change color only on the page title, you add this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.entry-header .entry-title,
    .entry-header .entry-title a {
      color: #fff;
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Ahh, that’s perfect, really appreciate your speedy response, thank you