Center search box Widget in footer

Hi,

I want to add the search widget to my 1 column footer, but I want it centred and it comes out on the left side. How can I change this?

One other thing, the latest news widget is not displaying all images with the same size. I use a template to create and they have 600x950. Here’s the screenshot http://imgur.com/a/cyO3m

I’ve raised the last issue before, but have had no answer so far.

Please help me.

Hello there,

As the footer area is divided into 3 columns for Footer 1, 2, and 3 which float left. To center your singe widget area you use, you need to add the following CSS code into your site’s additional CSS option in customizer.

.footer-widgets .sidebar-column.col-md-4 {
	margin-left: auto;
	margin-right: auto;
	float: none;
	text-align: center;
}

> the latest news widget is not displaying all images with the same size.

Technically speaking, the final size of the image in the latest news widget is 550px x 400px. The one which less than that, will use the original size. Looking at your screenshot, the original size (before upload) of your featured images should be the same as other two which fit perfectly.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

The code for the search widget is not doing anything, the widget remains on the left side.

With regards with to the latest news widget, all images have the same size (600x950), I use a template to make them. So they should all display in the same way, why is this not happening then?

Hello there,

Please provide your site URL here, so I can inspect the exact selector to use and assist you in better way. If you want it to remain private, email it to kharisblank@gmail.com; mention the link to this topic.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there,

My site url is curlyhairlounge.com

Hello there,

I don’t see any search box in your site’s footer area. Did you remove it?

Hi
Yes, I removed it. I’ll put it up for you to see. Also is it possible to have the “Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Sydney by aThemes.” on the footer centred?

Thank you.

Hello there,

To center those two, use the following CSS code:

#search-22,
.site-info {
  text-align: center;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

It worked perfectly! Thank you.

Regards

Monica

You’re welcome, Monica!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

All good now, thank you!

Great! You’re welcome and best wishes.

Regards,
Kharis