Center Blog Posts

I thought I had solved this, but I’m still having some problems getting my blog post content to center on the page. The problem is on both the main blog page, as well as individual posts. I want text aligned left, but the overall posts, including photo, to align center.

If you take a look at my “About” page, I’m trying to duplicate the same alignment with my blog posts. I want lots of white around the posts. The “About” page padding is set at 300px.

I guess my CSS for this on the blog main and individual post pages is incorrect. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Doug

As a follow-up to my first message, it appears that both the blog main page and blog individual posts pages are not centered by default. IMHO this should be corrected. Meanwhile, I managed to get the blog main page to center and have the same proportions that I was able to achieve on my “About” page - which, by the way, seems to be centered by default.

Below is the CSS I had to use to get the blog main page to the dimensions I wanted:

.content-area.col-md-9 {
padding: 0px 225px 0px 270px;
}

Hi @dougc888,
You should post your site link. Otherwise we can’t help.
Thanks
Limon

Woops. Sorry about that.

Hello. I’m following-up once again, as it seems the only way I can get a response. My site is douglasacrawford.com

I’m having some problems getting content to center on the page, primarily on the main blog page, as well as individual posts. I want the text aligned left, but the overall content, including photo, to align center. I had no problem getting the “About” page aligned. All I had to do was add some simple CSS, as you can see below. I’m trying to duplicate the same alignment with my blog posts.

In the time since I first requested assistance, I have managed to get the blog main page to center and have the same proportions that I was able to achieve on my “About” page, using the CSS below. In the process, I noticed is that it appears that both the blog main page and blog individual posts pages are not centered by default. IMHO, this should be corrected.

Anyway, is my CSS correct, or is there a simpler way? Thank you.

.so-panel.widget {
padding: 0px 300px;
}
.content-area.col-md-9 {
}
.single-post div#secondary {
display: none;
}
.single-post div#primary {
width: 100%;
}

Hello guys, seems like I interested to follow this topic :smiley:

@dougc888 Actually, I’m not really understand with your explanation in above. Can you explain it again in simple words :smiley:

Because, in your previous thread you ask to center all the contents. But now you want it to aligned left?

First, please take a moment to look at the “About” page of douglasacrawford.com. The setup of this page is what I want for the whole site, meaning I want all of the other pages to match the alignment, spacing, padding, etc. of the “About” page. I want all of the pages of the site to be styled like the “About” page. Getting the “About” page where I wanted it was very simple, and I thought I would be able to use the same settings for all of the pages. However, this was not the case, as I will now explain.

To get the “About” page to do what it’s doing, the only CSS I had to use was as follows:

.so-panel.widget {
padding: 0px 300px;
}

I tried the same CSS for the Blog Main Page, and it simply did not align correctly. At this point I have managed to get the Blog Main Page to match the “About” page by using the following CSS:

.content-area.col-md-9 {
}

And I have applied the following CSS to the Blog Individual Posts to get them to match the “About” page:

.single-post div#primary {
width: 100%;
}

At this point, all of the pages look the same style-wise. But the CSS for each case is completely different, and it seems odd that I would have to use such imbalanced padding settings to get the pages to align correctly. Is there, perhaps, a way to add some CSS to my child theme that will apply to the entire site?

Oh I see… but seems like you remove some contents from your site, can you display it all? hope I can help you further

You have not helped me at all at this point, and if I have questions about other content I will ask them. So would you please answer my question.