Category List on the Left Side

Hello, everybody.

I am building a web-shop using WooCommerce & your theme “The Shop”. After some UI tests, I have found that most people prefers to see List of The Categories (or right navbar) on the left side. Always. On the product page, on the category page and on the main page of the shop.

I have tried to move it myself, changing many different code lines, both in CSS and functions.php, and many other files of the template, and of the WooCommerce files as well. I went through many forum pages, and I have found out that this is the place where most people are getting this problem to be solved.

I have tried a method described in this thread:
https://athemes.com/forums/topic/moving-sidebar/

The method described above didn’t work. I’ve used “Simple Custom CSS” WordPress plugin.

Either I did something wrong applying custom CSS, or accidentally messed up with the other files.

So the bottom line question is: how to move right nav-bar to the left side, for all the template’s pages?

If somebody could provide me with some guidance, what should I do next, I would be really grateful.

Have a nice day, folks!

Hello Turbulent,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

#primary {
    padding-right: 0;
    float: right;
}

#secondary {
    padding-right: 45px;
    float: left;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello, Roman!

This is fantastic! It works!

Thank You so much, You have actually made my day :slight_smile:

Amazing! :slight_smile: This topic should be shared across the web, and put up in the search results, because it would save a lot of time, for a lot of people.

Thank You very much, again! :slight_smile:

And have a nice day.

Hello Turbulent,

I’m so glad that you are happy :slight_smile:

Have a nice day as well!

Kind Regards, Roman.