Category label colors, post colors

Hi again!

I have a few questions regarding colors:

1. I’d like to assign different colors to the category labels [and (ideally) the line that separates that post’s featured image from the text]. Is this possible?

2. When I change the post colors, the text area changes from the default white to orange in the standard/feature image posts. How can I override this change back to the default white?

3. Similarly to (2), when I use the code found in an earlier thread to change the background color for a sticky post, the text area is no longer white.

The code I’m using is:

.sticky {
background-color: #f93ea8 !important;
}

Thanks for your help!

I don’t know if I have a weird caching issue going on (I must), but now the label/line color issue I mentioned in (1) seems to have magically resolved itself.

So, now the only remaining question I have concerns the background color for the text area. How can I keep the text box area for standard posts the default white color when I change post colors in the customizer?

Thanks

The posts color option changes the colors in order, it doesn’t really care if they’re regular posts or video or whatever.
Use this please:

.home .format-standard.hentry {
     background-color: #fff !important;
     color: #868686 !important;
}

Not really sure if I understand correctly what you’re asking though.

That did it - thanks! How do I also change the font so that it’s visible (given that it’s white when the post colors are turned on)?

This should do it:

.home .format-standard.hentry .post-content,
.home .format-standard.hentry .post-content a,
.home .format-standard.hentry .post-content .fa,
.home .format-standard.hentry .thumb-icon {
     color: #868686 !important;
}

You’re complicating things a bit by using the color scheme and then disabling pieces of it via CSS :slight_smile:

Awesome - perfect! Thanks, Vlad. And, you ought to know from my questions about Sydney Pro that I’m a pain in the ass…and now that my weird caching/lazy load(?) issue appears to be resolved, I have to say that I am leaning towards using the default after all because now it looks prettier :slight_smile:

Did you see my question about the slider? Just checking.