Category-based widgets bug when I use Polylang

Hi everyone,

I´m having an issue while using Polylang to translate the website on Moesia´s theme.

I am using the same category-based widget to display two different types of content: “House Rules” and “Plans and Pricing”. I followed the theme documentation and used two different categories #rules and #plans (the same for portuguese, #regras and #planos).

However, when I activate the slug on the widget settings, the session just disappears from the website. If I don´t put any slug, the content appears perfectly, but “House Rules” and “Plans and Pricing” appear all together and I want they separated. If I put the slugs (portuguese in the portuguese page and english in the english page), the session just dissappears. Do you know how can I solve that?

The website is: www.polocoworking.com.br

Thank you very much!

Hello,

Please try to temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Toolset Types and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and see if it helps.

Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Also you might want to check this tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for you reply.
I was able to fix this problem, but not another one: I translated everything and was able to connect each slug with the corresponding widget - this is working well now.

What it´s not working is: even if I check a million times if the default language is portuguese, when I type www.polocoworking.com.br, it keeps switching languages. I mean: sometimes it loads portuguese correctly and sometimes it loads the english version.

In addition to that, when I set the portuguese page into the portuguese, it also changes the english page into the portuguese. Then, I go to the english page to set it up again into English, and when I load the portuguese page it also goes into English. That´s driving me crazy…

Do you have any idea on how could I solve this?

Thank you VERY much for your support!

Just to add a few more notes: I´m noticing that the whole front page changes as I change the last language. So, for example: I´ve just changes the “About Us” text in portuguese - then the two front pages (both english and portuguese) shows the content in portuguese. Then I went to the english front page to edit the “About Us” text, clicked apply, then both front pages displays the contact in english.

So it´s always the last language changed… This is so weird…

Hello,

It doesn’t look like a theme issue, it looks like Polylang issue.

Can you please contact the Polylang support and see what they say?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am using the free version of Polylang and they don´t offer support. But I will try to write them.

Thanks, Lorenna

Hi Roman,

I found out what was happening! It was a conflict between Page Builder and Polylang. I could solve by following instructions at this forum: https://siteorigin.com/thread/page-builder-and-polylang-plugin/

I´m sharing just in case someone has the same problem!

Thanks!

Great! Thank you for sharing that link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.