Can't Upload Sydney Pro . . . or any other theme

Using Sydney 1.6.7. Trying to upgrade to Sydney Pro. “Upload Theme” button does not work. Tried three different browsers. Doesn’t work in Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.

Please advise.

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us about our theme Sydney. I am happy to help with your queries.

Please refer to this documentation for detailed guide on upgrading from Sydney to Sydney Pro.

​I hope this reply helps. Let me know in a new topic if you have other queries we can help with.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m very familiar with the documentation as I’ve done this upgrade several times in the past.

But now, the theme will not allow me to upload a new theme. When clicking the “upload” button, nothing happens.

Pop up blockers are turned off on all three browsers I’ve used. The upload button doesn’t work. I can’t do the rest of the steps until I get Pro installed.

Best,

Hello there,

Uploading part seems likely a web hosting specific issue. I’d recommend you to contact your web hosting support department to fix this issue. Or you may want to upload the theme over FTP.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thank you again for your prompt reply.

It’s not an uploading issue. Let me see if I can say this a different way:

The BUTTON is NOT RESPONSIVE.

The UPLOAD BUTTON does NOTHING. Has nothing to do with uploading. It never gets to the point of even asking for a file. The BUTTON – which belongs to the Sydney Theme – does not work.

I have other sites with different themes running on the same server / same ISP. I can upload themes all day long.

I can’t do it through Sydney. (And for that matter, I can’t do it through any of my sites running Sydney Pro, either.)

This is a theme problem.

Hello there,

Is there any chance for me checking it directly from your site’s admin area? If so, you will share the user name and passord privately over direct message.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

I replied to your private message. I created an administrator account for you and emailed you the username / password / login URL.

Thank you,

I am sorry, I didn’t receive your reply. Can you resend it?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Credentials were resent.

What email address did you send it to? Can you resend it to kharisblank@gmail.com? and writte “aThemes Support” for the subject.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I have now sent login information per your instructions for the fifth time.

I currently maintain 42 websites, utilizing 6 different themes, all hosted on the same ISP. Two of those themes are Sydney (22 sites) and Sydney Pro (11 sites. The other sites, using 4 different themes, all have the ability to upload a new theme zip file. The Sydney & S. Pro sites: none of them work in uploading a new theme. The upload button doesn’t do anything.

If you do an inspect on a non-Sydney theme for the “Upload Theme” button you get this. Note the “aria-expanded” is true:

<button type="button" class="upload-view-toggle page-title-action hide-if-no-js" aria-expanded="true">Upload Theme</button>

When clicking on the “Upload Theme” button, in a non-Sydney theme, you’re presented with this:

<body class="wp-admin wp-core-ui js theme-install-php auto-fold admin-bar branch-5-5 version-5-5-1 admin-color-fresh locale-en-us customize-support sticky-menu svg show-upload-view" style="zoom: 1;">

Clicking it again hides “show-upload-view.”

In Sydney, this is the inspect results:

<button type="button" class="upload-view-toggle page-title-action hide-if-no-js" aria-expanded="false" role="button">Upload Theme</button>

Notice the aria-expanded is FALSE.

Doesn’t matter how many times you click on that button, you get this result:

<body class="wp-admin wp-core-ui js theme-install-php auto-fold admin-bar branch-5-5 version-5-5-1 admin-color-fresh locale-en-us customize-support sticky-menu" style="zoom: 1;">

Which is pretty much what the non-Sydney theme does, except with Sydney, you never get the upload option.

I am going inspect this further in your site’s admin area. And I will be updating you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I did the inspection and now I am flagging this to our development team to check and fix the issue shortly. I am sorry for the inconvnience. I really appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about this. The issue is identified and fixed and it will be included in an update on Monday

Vlad

Thank you for the quick turnaround.

But, to be honest, I have no desire to upload another theme. I LOVE Syndey / Sydney Pro. The ONLY reason I discovered the problem was because blog posts in Sydney won’t create a “Comment” box. I thought if I upgraded to Sydney Pro on this theme, it would work.

The end goal of this is fixing the comment area on blog posts. That you’re able to fix the theme upload is a happy by-product.