Can't Update

Wordpress is telling me there’s an update available (1.26), but won’t install it, download fails saying unauthorised. Any suggestions?

That’s strange. Do you have a child theme activated by any chance? What’s the exact error?

Yes child theme activated. Error is:

Updating Theme Sydney Pro (1/1)
Downloading update from https://athemes.com/edd-sl/package_download/MTQ0NTk5NTEwODplMTljYjgxZWRlNTE5MjQ2NWYzMWYyZjU0ZDk0MmUzZToxODY1NDo0NDU4Mzk1ZjljOWVlZDZlMTVmOTI1NjYzYjIyZmNkYzo=…
An error occurred while updating Sydney Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized
Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

If I go to my original download link in the invoice will it download the new version or the old one?

Must be something server side. This is an error which WP throws sometimes under different circumstances. Didn’t see it happening with Sydney up until now.
Could you try activating the parent theme and try to update again?

The download link will always provide the latest version.

Ok, I’ve updated manually now, activating the parent theme means I’d have to set the header sliders up again from scratch and I can’t be bothered with that.

I think I’ve found the source of the original problem, the license hadn’t been activated.

All done now anyway, cheers!

Hi,
I’ve the same error while updating the Sydney Pro theme.
Checked if the License is activated and am using a child page.
Can’t update either if I set the sydney pro as parent theme?
Any other suggestions?

https://athemes.com/edd-sl/package_download/MTQ0OTg2NjI4ODo5YWNhNWU4MDE3NDBhMTU4OWQ2NmJmYmQ2YmQ3Mjk2Yjo3NTk1MzoxODU2NDllMTJjOWZiNThmOWJiZTdiNjlkZDQyZGZkYTo=…
Er is een fout opgetreden bij het bijwerken van Sydney Pro: Download mislukt. Unauthorized.

Same problem for me:

"The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Theme Sydney Pro (1/1)
Downloading update from https://athemes.com/edd-sl/package_download/MTQ0OTkxNjQyNjo4NTM5NTAxZDQzZTBiYWRiZjZjNDg1NmY3NjIyMGVkMjoxODY1NDowNGY4MzA5NGU4NTBkNTIyZDExZjc1OWE1NGI5ZDY3OTo=…
An error occurred while updating Sydney Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized
Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed."

My license is active, and I don’t have a child theme activated.

site is: twoshoebbq.com

Could you guys deactivate your plugins please and try again? There might be a conflict with a plugin. Hopefully it’s not something between our updates system and your host.

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve deactivated the plugins and tried to update again with Sydney pro as parent and with my child theme as parent. Same result, same error.

Okay, send me an admin account to vlad[at]athemes.com please so I can have a look. Meanwhile install this plugin so I can check your database.
If there isn’t any visible error I can find then you’ll have to update the theme manually. But let’s see first.

Hello gentlemen!
I had the same problem. First I removed the license key in the menu “Theme License” and clicked on the Save button. Then re-entered the license key and registered it again. After these actions problem was solved.
Good luck to everyone!

Hi Alexander,
Thanks for your reply.
I really want to try this option but I’m unable to remove the license key.
In the menu Theme License I have the option:

Activate License active

Save Changes

I don’t know where to deactivate the them license

Hi Patrick!
May be so: MY ACCOUNT (menu on this website) - License Keys (“View Licenses” link) - “Manage Sites” link - “Deactivate Site”

Hi,
Deactivation and activing via the db solved the issue (Thanks to Vlad)

after updating th theme the theme appearence is partialy initialisate