Can't update links in Services Widget

Hello!
Thank you for this beautiful theme!
I just put my site live on its actual URL, but the Services Widget B on my homepage still links to the old URLs on each service title. I can’t seem to change it, either by using the text editor, and I’ve also removed the widget and re-added it, but it’s still linking to the old location.
Can you please help me to fix this? Thank you!
http://www.betterhomedesign.ca

Hi,

you can try to re-save the permalink from the wp setting to fix it.

Hi Awan,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please clarify a bit what you mean? I went into the Settings area and clicked on another Permalinks structure, then clicked again on the one I want, but no change to the website.
Is that what you mean, or what should I do?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s what I mean. If resetting the permalnk doesnt work, it might be the .htaccess.

Please check your .htaccess file, make sure it has the correct domain

Hi Awan,

My .htaccess file has only the following contents:

BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

END WordPress

Any ideas how to proceed?

The htaccess looks good. have you try to deactivate some plugins that not related with the required theme?

Hi again Awan,

I’ve deactivated any non-critical plugins, and still no change. I’ve also done all the necessary plugin updates, and still no improvement. Please help - it’s critical that these links work correctly.

Wait, its on your service items? Can you check each of the service items? The widgets are using custom link for the service items and I guest its not related with the permalink

Yes, it’s for the service items :slight_smile: The permalink on each service item is correct, but the widget has not updated its links to each item.
What should I check, since the permalink on each service item is correct?

Please check the link here http://prntscr.com/8zy9us

Sorry Awan, I don’t understand what you’re asking me to do. Could you please clarify? Thank you!

Hi, I mean please to check the service item link from service menu on your dashboard

Yes!!! That was exactly the problem. Thank you so much Awan, you are awesome!