Can't remove header image that came with Sydney

HI, first of thank you for Sydney. It is beautiful and easy to use.
I removed all the stock pictures that came with Sydney and replaced them with my own pictures.
Everything works fine except whenever I link to my page this guy (see below) pops up. Although he is not anymore in the media library I can see the picture in the header area. (see below)
How can I get rid of him and make sure that if I link from facebook to my page that I see a relevant picture of my choosing.

Cheers
Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Andy

header.jpg
header area screenshot

Hello there,

To change the theme’s default header image, you can use the below function:

add_filter('sydney_custom_header_args', 'sydney_child_custom_header_args', 999);
function sydney_child_custom_header_args() {

return array(
		'default-image'          => 'http://yoursite.com/path/to/your/image.jpg',
		'default-text-color'     => '000000',
		'width'                  => 1920,
		'height'                 => 1080,
		'flex-height'            => true,
		'video'					 => true,
		'video-active-callback'  => '',
		'wp-head-callback'       => 'sydney_header_style',
		'admin-head-callback'    => 'sydney_admin_header_style',
		'admin-preview-callback' => 'sydney_admin_header_image',		
	);

}

Replace

http://yoursite.com/path/to/your/image.jpg

to your new header image URL path. You’ll need to upload it first to media library from Dashboard > Media > Add New.

To apply extra function to your site, add the code above to child theme’s functions.php file. Or you can use the functionality plugin like Code Snippets without a child theme. If you use this plugin, ensure you enable “Run snippet everywhere” option under the settings section.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello, I am having the same problem. When I try to share the site to facebook, this picture keeps pulling up: stockphoto

I have the snippet inserted above using the Code Snippets plug in with “Run snippet everywhere” option checked and the picture I want to use is being called from the correct url.

Also, Under Appearance > Customize > Header Area > Header Media, that picture no longer appears but is still being called some how even though I have the picture I want to use.

Any help would be great, thanks for your time in advance.

Hello there,

Probably Facebook doesn’t recognise the latest image due to system cache or something. Try to debug with this tool and re-scrape the result.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you for the help! The debug tool showed me where that stock picture was being pulled from and from there I was able to go into my file manager and replace it with the one I wanted to use.

Again, thanks much for your help resolving this issue.

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis