Can't import DEMO airi or Sydney theme

Here is my error when try to import DEMO
So, anyone know what is this problem?
“Please be patient and don’t refresh this page, the import process may take a while, this also depends on your server.
Importing contents…
33%
Forbidden”

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you’ve run into an issue. I am happy to help out.

To fix a server-related issue like that, try the solutions explained on this article: https://www.cloudways.com/blog/fix-403-forbidden-error-in-wordpress/

Once fixed, then you can retry importing the demo content.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

i try to do all way on the link https://www.cloudways.com/blog/fix-403-forbidden-error-in-wordpress/
But it’s still do not active to import plumber demo . Do u have any other way?

I checked once again with my test site and I can import the Plumber demo successfully.

To help me find out the trouble easier, I’d like to try and inspect it directly from your website. Would you mind sharing the temporary admin access link to your website privately over direct message?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

what email i can sharing to you for controling my website?

Hi,

I am not sure email support will work for me at this time. I am sorry.

Please use direct message I just sent you instead.

Let me know in case you haven’t yet received it.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi!

I have the same exact problem. I can’t import the Sydney theme called Plumber.
The installation stop in 33% and says: Something went wrong, contact support.

How can I resolve it?
Thanks for your help.
Regards

Hi,

Thank you for chiming in.

Can you confirm whether you’re running the latest versions of Sydney theme and Starter Site plugin?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

Yes, I´m using the latest version of Sydney Theme and have I have too installed the starter site plugin.

Thank you
Regards

Hi,

I tried to import the Plumber demo and I can confirm that I can’t reproduce the same issue.

Please try disabling all plugins (except the recommended ones) and try importing again to check whether one of your plugins contains script conflict and causes you this issue.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

I tried everything.
Could you do it for me if i share the temporary admin login link you to configure it?

Finally i would like to install the Sydney Original demo.

Thanks for your help.
Regards

1 Like

Sure, I will be very happy to do that for you.

Please grant me to access your website’s admin area by sending me a temporary admin login link. Ensure the expiry is set to 7 days and all admin rights are enabled. Send it securely over direct message here in this forum.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello
I’m facing the same issue when I try to import Sydney demo theme on my wordpress site.
I’ve followed the link you sent. Unfortunately with same issue.
I disabled plugins as well…
Could you please help and explain us what you do directly on site you’re having access to please ?

Hello,

First thanks for using our Sydney theme!

Before that, could you please let us know what’s the name of company hosting your website ?

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello
Thanks for the quick reply.
It’s OVH.

Hello,

Thanks for the info!

I suspected that was OVH hosting, because of that I asked for you. The problem is that OVH server doesn’t allow the connection with our server (to download the import files). Others users already related the same issue with OVH hosting.

For now the only way is doing the import manually. For it please let me know which demo/starter you want to import, so I will send you the needed files and instructions for the manual import.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo,

I would like to import Sydney original template.
Thanks for your help !

Hello Rodrigo,
Would it be possible for you to send me the different elements for manual upload please?

Hello,

First sorry the delay here!

The time for a reply can increase on weekends.

First of all make sure you have a clean and fresh new WP installation.

1. Download the import files through the below link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gWxOqs-VA-Tjby6fFCTn7zQf7d2_86Mt/view?usp=sharing

2. Install the Customize importer plugin:
    Customizer Export/Import – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

3. Install the widgets importer plugin:
    Widget Importer & Exporter – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

4. Install the Elementor plugin:
    Elementor Website Builder – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

5. Install Sydney Toolbox plugin:
    Sydney Toolbox – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

6. Go to Dashboard > Tools > Import and look WordPress. Click in the link to install the WordPress Importer, and once the plugin is installed, click Run Importer. Upload the “content.xml” from demo files (check the option to import attachments).

7. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Export/Import and import the “customize.dat” file (check to download images).

8. Go to Dashboard > Tools > Widget Importer & Exporter and import the “widgets.wie” file.

9. Go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading >
    Your homepage displays
    and select “a static page”. For the “Homepage” option select “My front page”, and for the “Posts Page” option select “My blog page”.

10. Go to Appearance > Menus and select the “Main Menu”. Then, check it as “Primary Menu” in the Menu settings.

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

1 Like