Can't get pages to be full width

I can’t seem to get any of my pages full width.

I have changed the page attributes to full width and even front page, but there is still always padding around the blocks.

I’ve also tried to use the pre-built layouts which in their previews show pages that are full width, however when I put them on my pages, there is padding.

I have No widgets or sidebars enabled that I can find.

I’ve also searched the help files and forum here and looked at all suggestions, but nothing seems to work for me.

Any suggestions?? This is frustrating that I can’t create pages like I see in the pre-built layouts. Thanks!

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, to a page which you’ve tried to make full-width, so I can check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Why are my responses not showing up? Do you receive them, but they don’t display? I have answered 3 times already, but do not see my replies. :frowning:

What is going on, the response without my website shows but none of the 4 responses with my website as you requested are displaying. I have put in the actual link, I have spaced it out and even typed dot com to try to not have it flag as a link. I don’t know what else to do. Can you please email me??

Hmmm…Ok, maybe if I type full paragraphs it likes that. So let me try like this. The site I’m having issues with is jennawaites. And that is a dot com. And the specific page is business-consulting. I really hope this works and you can piece together the actual page from that nonsense I had to type.

Hi,

Ok, I’ve got it, maybe your previous messages was considered as spam by the spam filter, that’s why they may not appear. I have checked the page business consulting and it’s the same full-width as the homepage or other pages, but you maybe do you mean to make it full browser-width? like full-width stretched to the edges of the browser? Please clarify.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I am also having the same problem - samclarkofficial . com

I also want it to be full width stretched to the edges of the browser as shown in the preview/prebuilt layouts

Thank you and yes, I want it the full width of the browser window as the sample prebuilt layout appears.

Hi Jenna,

You can make that page full-width with this Custom CSS:

.page-template-page_front-page-php .site-content {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
}

.so-panel.container {
    padding-left: 0 !important;
    padding-right: 0 !important;
}

or you can make all page full-width with this Custom CSS:

.site-content {
    padding: 0 !important;
}

.so-panel.container {
    padding-left: 0 !important;
    padding-right: 0 !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

That is frustrating that I have to change code. Why do the layouts show full browser width if the theme doesn’t actually allow for that in it’s normal code?

why don’t the layouts offered look like the previews once they are implemented??

Example: http://layouts.siteorigin.com/layout/fitness-gym/

vs the when implemented on my page jennawaites / home

This is extremely frustrating that our pages don’t look like the samples given unless code is altered. I must be doing something wrong.

Hi,

That layouts are from the SiteOrigin Website, that’s not related to Our themes or any other themes at all ( that’s just a SO Widget / Layout Builder Example ).

Best Regards,
Csaba

Csaba:

I have a website that has a sidebar, mvcpaz.com, so I’m also using the default page template in Moesia theme. I’m also using SiteOrigin CSS instead of simple-custom-css, but they do pretty much the same thing. Your suggestion above to make all pages into full width works for this site.

The problem I’m having is resizing the widths of the content and sidebar containers. Do you know the css elements that I should be dealing with? I have tried adjusting both px and % for post-18.post-18.page.type-page.status-publish.hentry and for primary.content-area but the content doesn’t fill out to my specs.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi,

Please post a link to the page where you want to adjust the sidebar and container areas and also, let me know about the proportion or size you want to apply to them.

Best Regards,
Csaba