Can't edit demo text

Hello
this is my first time using Sydney, Elementor, and block type editor.

I installed the demo,
customised the customisable bits
published

what is showing on my site is the correct Header,
including the correct Menu
but everything under it is the demo text

clicking on the tabs takes me to the services, team and blog demo text
I cannot figure out any way to edit that text?

Also, I need my Header Button to take the Visitor to a form, so s/he can fill their address in to get samples, and i can’t figure out how to do that either?

Help much appreciated, thank you in advance
best wishes

Hi,

First of all, I warmly recommend you to have a look to the official Sydney theme documentation, you’ll find many issues :wink:

I cannot figure out any way to edit that text?

Basical steps :

• WP Dashboard > All pages > your default home page is tagged by the flag “homepage”
  • WP Dashboard > All pages > Default homepage > Modify > Help yourself

Personnalised steps :

• WP Dashboard > Create a new page as homepage
  • WP Dashboard > Appearence > Customize > Home Page settings > Check static page then choose your new created home page as default
  • WP Dashboard > All pages > New default homepage > Modify > etc…

I need my Header Button to take the Visitor to a form

• WP Dashboard > Appearence > Customize > Header zone > Header diaporama > Calling button action section (@ bottom) > Set URL to your form page

Hope that helps !

Bossanovation

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I am editing the text now and will try to connect to the form when that is done :slight_smile: Appreciate the help!

You more than welcome :wink:

Hello again

I have managed to edit all sections except the Footer
I cannot find a way into the Foorter to edit the text there

How do I get access to the Footer to change the text there please?
There isn’t a section anywhere I can see that is called Footer
and I cannot edit the footer from the page, it is a separate element

Thanking you in advance for your help :slight_smile:

To Clarify, by Footer I means the section at the very bottom where the Copyright Notice goes alongside “Proudly Powered by Wordpress” and “Theme: Sydney by aThemes”
not the widgets named Footer 1, 2, 3, I have been able to edit the widgets just fine,
my problem is inserting the Copyright Notice

also, in the About Us section, I want to add in the RH column Above the pProgress Bars our Logo, and below the Progress Bars a picture of the product.

I can’t figure out how to insert the 2 extra boxes into that column, one above and one below, so as to be able to do that…
hoping you can help
many thanks

and lastly, I would like to insert a Translate field box and a Search Box into the Header, alongside each other and just underneath the Navbar Menu Tabs

How do I do that please?

Hi,

Sydney free theme doesn’t offer you the possibility to modify the footer natively.

Then 3 options are possible :

1. Install a customization footer plugin from WP plugin library
  2. Edit directly the file footer.php from Sydney theme into a code editor : wp-content/theme/Sydney/footer.php (be careful, every theme update will erase your modifications)
  3. Create your own footer plugin into Wordpress (tricky)

I would recommend you the first option which is far the easiest/ quickest :wink:

in the About Us section, I want to add in the RH column Above the pProgress Bars our Logo, and below the Progress Bars a picture of the product.

Best way is to use the excellent “elementor plugin” page builder which is letting do what you need. You’ll just need to drag & drop the blocks you’ll need.

Have a look to the elementor documentation which will explain you how to figure out the troubles you’re facing.

and lastly, I would like to insert a Translate field box and a Search Box into the Header, alongside each other and just underneath the Navbar Menu Tabs

For translation the easiest and best plugin to me is “Google Language Translator” which offers you about 100 language and let you set the place you want to display it. You can use the short-code to embed your translate button :wink:

For search input, I don’t know if Sydney theme has one. If not look for a dedicated plugin into Wordpress library.

About positioning your elements under Navbar Menu Tabs, I see 2 options :

1. Edit directly the appropriate html from Sydney Theme file, but same story as upper, each theme update will erase your modifications
  2. Use a dedicated plugin to add editable area into page (that I don’t know yet but which should exist)

Hope that helps

Good luck

Bossanovation

Bossanovation

April 23

Hi,

Sydney free theme doesn’t offer you the possibility to modify the footer natively.

Then 3 options are possible :

1. Install a customization footer plugin from WP plugin library
  2. Edit directly the file footer.php from Sydney theme into a code editor : wp-content/theme/Sydney/footer.php (be careful, every theme update will erase your modifications)
  3. Create your own footer plugin into Wordpress (tricky)
    I would recommend you the first option which is far the easiest/ quickest :wink:

in the About Us section, I want to add in the RH column Above the pProgress Bars our Logo, and below the Progress Bars a picture of the product.

Best way is to use the excellent “elementor plugin” page builder which is letting do what you need. You’ll just need to drag & drop the blocks you’ll need.

Have a look to the elementor documentation which will explain you how to figure out the troubles you’re facing.

For translation the easiest and best plugin to me is “Google Language Translator” which offers you about 100 language and let you set the place you want to display it. You can use the short-code to embed your translate button :wink:

BG

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

New2Sydney

April 22

Hello again I have managed to edit all sections except the Footer I cannot find a way into the Foorter to edit the text there How do I get access to the Footer to change the text there please? There isn’t a section anywhere I can see that is called Footer and I cannot edit the footer from the p…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hello again

latest problem is Employee carousel
I got the people in ok, but the carousel is static
I can’t think what the problem is because the Reviews carousel moves just fine…

Also, I put in 2 images with exactly the same pixel Vertical: 362 pixels,
but one of them is displaying quite a lot longer vertically than the other…
bit of a mystery?
I mean, a lot of sites automatically resize so all pics are the same, but I never heard of one auto-re-sizing for images in the same carousel to be different dimensions…

hoping you can help?
Many thanks in advance