Cannot update front page

I am trying to edit the widget on the front page. It kept showing this page.

Hello there,

Not sure if that’s theme specific issue. Does it happen on all pages? Or just particular one? Try creating a new blank page, enable page builder, and insert any widget.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there,
I tried creating a new page, when i try to add widget it lead to the same error page.

From Edit page:
https://www.sample.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=220&action=edit
https://www.sample.com/wp-admin/post.php

I got the feeling it is something with the directory

Hello there,

There might be permalink issue or something. Please try disabling page builder plugin temporarily. Then create a blank page, and visit it. Is it still showing you “not found” message?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, last month, I was testing some new page in private mode, I was able to edit it. Today, I tried editing the same blank page with all the plug in disabled. It gave me the “page not found” message.

Today I tried creating another new page with all plugin disabled. I was able to edit the page.

This indicates that one of your plugins causes you this issue. To find of which, try enabling them one by one and re-run your test.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, I tried disable for all the plugins. Still cannot make it work.
Those newly created test pages cannot update also.

Hello there,

Do you have some active plugins? One of them might be the source of this such this kind of issue. To prove it, you can try disabling all of them at once (except Page Builder and Sydney Toolbox) and re-run your test. Once you get it fine, then enable them one by one to narrow the possible source of the trouble.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,
I found out that when i use page builder. The error page will show.

Hello there,

Now please leave only the Page Builder plugin enabled. Then switch to one of the default WordPress themes like Twenty Seventeen. Then test it again. Let’s see if the issue is only with Sydney.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,
Tested with the default WordPress. Apparently, it is some issue with Sydney

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting. At this phase I should check it directly from your site admin area, as it isn’t a common issue that I can reproduce here with my test site. Please share the working login credentials to your site admin area to my email at kharisblank@gmail.com. Mention the link to this topic in your email body, so I can easily identify your coming.

Regards,
Kharis