Cannot install TYPES plugin

Brand new clean Wordpress 4.4.2 instance. Installed Sydney theme only. But cannot install TYPES plugin 1.8.11. It ends with Internal Server Error 500.
Other plugins install fine. Trying to debug it but I am not a debugger. Have you seen this before?

Hello @harry77,

Please go to your Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalinks -> click Save Changes, and try to install Types once again.

If it will not help, you can install it manually by copying plugin folder to public_html/wp-content/plugins, you can access that folder via SFTP or cPanel.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman, thx for a very quick reply.

Whatever I set in the Permalinks does not make any difference. But the manual instal works fine. I unzipped the plugin “TYPES” local and then FTP the folder to public_html/wp-content/plugins. Seems to work ok.

While doing that I noticed that the TYPES zip is 8mb and FileZilla is uploading 1761 files. That takes quit some time so I wonder if my Server is running into a time limit problem.

Anyway, solved, thx again !

(great theme !!)

You are welcome @harry77!

By the way, it would be nice if you leave your feedback for Sydney theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

I will do that.