Cannot Get Google Fonts Working


#1

I am trying to set some Google fonts in TalonPro but nothing changes.

I followed the help video exactly.
Then i tried the suggestion to add some CSS…

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Anton');

I did disable all plugins and tested again but site still shows some serif fonts.
John.


#2

Update: It seems that the Google Fonts work in MS Edge browser, but not in Google Chrome.
Is there a work-around for this?

John


#3

Hello John,

Can you please provide a link to your website and describe what exactly you are trying to achieve?

Kind Regards, Roman.


#4

Hi Roman

I am trying to set two non-serif fonts, one for body (Mukta) and one for headers (Unbutu).

Neither appear used from within Chrome. Only the body font shows in MS Edge browser.
Chrome shows serif fonts for headings and body. For the body , Chrome also ignores the font size.
Edge browser shows correct body font (both the size and the font) , but ignores heading font settings (both font size and font)

See this page/post: https://jlg.one/category/irrigation/

The heading font should be larger than the body font.

I added this to the additional CSS :
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Mukta|Ubuntu');

John.


#5

I added a page showing the settings. The page is “For Roman” and on the main menu now. It has screen shots of how I have the settings.
or https://jlg.one/forroman/

John.


#6

Hello John,

I’ve just tried to recreate your issue on my local Talon Pro install, but I was able to set those fonts successfully using settings in Customize section. Can you please remove that @import CSS code and leave here a note?

Kind Regards, Roman.


#7

Ok, I have removed the extra css code.
Presently I am using a Samsung tablet with chrome and the site uses the right fonts. But on my windows 10 pc with Chrome it still shows the serif fonts.
I tried the sydney II pro theme and had the same problem with Chrome. I cleared all caches that I could find to no effect. :pensive:. It is late here so I can not try any more changes tonight.
Thanks, john.


#8

Okay John,

You can try to temporarily deactivate all your plugins except aThemes Toolbox and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and see if it helps. You can do it tomorrow, take your time.

Kind Regards, Roman.


#9

Hi Roman

Thanks for all your help on this. I did disable all plugins, but that did not help.

So I tried some settings changes within Chrome, but that also did not help.

But I HAVE now solved the issue. It was being caused by “privacy Badger” chrome add-in.
It was blocking the the site fonts.googleapis.com so no googlle fonts would work.
snap0392

As soon as I disabled the bl**dy privacy thing, the fonts started working.

I hope this little discovery helps others with this problem.
John


#10

Hello John, it’s great that you found the cause!

And thank you for sharing it, have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.


closed #11