Cannot add hyperlinks

Hi,

Another strange behaviour after the upgrade. When I add hyperlinks in my blog posts and click “update” the post, hyperlink disappears.

Any ideas?
My domain is dragoman.ist

Did you mean WordPress system upgrade?

Please share a link to that post, so I can have a look. Probably a couple lines of CSS code hides it.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

I updated both on the same day and cannot tell the exact reason right now.

I now realized another very strange situation.
Sample 1: https://dragoman.ist/style-guide-for-medical-journals/
Some of my blog posts like this, I can see site origin editor as an option. With site origin, I can add hyperlinks.
On the same post, if I use wordpress visual editor, I can add the hyperlink but the added link disappears when I update the post.

Sample 2: https://dragoman.ist/how-can-you-find-the-best-interpreter/
Whereas in some more recent posts I have to use new Wordpress editor, no other options are visible, I think it is caled Gutenberg. With this editor, I cannot add hyperlinks at all.

Any ideas?

Hello there,

I found some links present in there. For instance:

Do they disappear when the page updated?

In Gutenberg, Paragraph block allows us to add a link. Doesn’t it work for you?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

Existing links do not disappear. I just cannot add new hyperlinks.

Umit

Hello Umit,

I’d like to check it directly to inspect what’s causing it. Share privately to my email at kharisblank@gmail.com the working admin username and password. Before doing so, for security reason, please enable user activity log plugin.

Regards,
Kharis

I received your email and sent two replies. Thank you!

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I think there was another conflicting plugin. With the help of my hosting provider I disabled all unnecessary plugins and now everything is in order.

Thanks for your support

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis