Can you put the number of comments on the top of each box on the front page?

Can you put the number of comments for each post on the top of each box on the front page to the right of the date?

How does one do that?

Thank you in advance.

cheers

Ken Gray

ps love the theme

Hi,

Can you show me an example from a site or a screenshot about what you want to achieve and post a link to the page where you want to add it, so I can check if it’s possible.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I actually put the way I envisaged the Comment button into a post, you can see it here in the photo at the top. The URL is http://bulldogottawa.com/surprise-youve-got-a-brand-new-bulldog/

If it could be hot-keyed to where the comments start in the post, that would be great.

My website is very much a discussion of municipal and Canadian national affairs. It gets a lot of comments and putting the number up there shows this is a very controversial post if it is busy. More people become involved.

I hope I’m not asking too much and that the note is not too typo-filled. I was up into the wee hours of the morning changing from my old style to alizee.

I had a choice of thousands of Wordpress themes. I like yours the best. I think that says a lot about your skill level.

Thank you for the fine theme.

cheers

Ken Gray bulldogottawa.com

ps I’m not a coder so if you can keep it basic, I sure would appreciate it. Just show me what code has to go and what I put in in its place.

Thank you again for your help and alizee. I put a plug in for it in The Bulldog … it gets about 78,000 pageviews a week so I hope that helps.

On 6 September 2016 at 06:44, aThemes <noreply@athemes.com> wrote:
Csaba wrote:

Hi,

Can you show me an example from a site or a screenshot about what you want to achieve and post a link to the page where you want to add it, so I can check if it’s possible.

Best Regards,

Csaba

Post Link: https://athemes.com/forums/topic/can-you-put-the-number-of-comments-on-the-top-of-each-box-on-the-front-page/#post-564132

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum topic.

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

Ken Gray
The Bulldog Group of News Sites

bulldogcanadian.com
bulldogfetch.com
Twitter
Facebook

Hi,

Sorry, I am not sure I got this, you want to show over the post thumbnails? the amount ( number ) comments that was added to the post? Please clarify.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba:

Sorry to be so confusing.

If you go to http://bulldogottawa.com/surprise-youve-got-a-brand-new-bulldog/ and see the main picture on the post, you’ll see the location of the comment of which I’m speaking.

In words, it is below the headline, to the right of the date and above the body copy of the post.

It would be on each post on front pages and hopefully would have the number of comments on the post and be hot-keyed to where the comments on the post begin.

It would look like: Comments (3) or whatever number of comments are on the post.

The photo on the post above says it all.

I know I’m asking for a lot but my readers really like that comment listing and number of comments. They are looking for the most commented posts of the day.

Thank you in advance.

cheers

Ken Gray