Can I remove the featured image from the to of the post page?

I still want to see the featured image in the category or blog list of posts. It just doesn’t seem to make sense that there is a picture dumped at the beginning of each article I post.

Hello @ryan6767,

I will be glad to help you, but can you please provide more details regarding your issue?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sure, I add a featured image to every post because I want it to show on the homepage where I have a list of my posts and also the category pages. I believe this image makes the post look appealing.

However, this image then just appears at the top of each post, before any text and completely out of context. I feel like it might even make some readers not scroll down because they can’t see there is any text there.

So I would like to remove the featured image from all posts (it’s usually a copy of something that is already in the post anyway) but keep it shown everywhere there is a preview of any posts.

Okay @ryan6767,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

body.single-post div.single-thumb {
    display: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

So awesome and so simple.
Worked perfectly, thank you Roman.

You are welcome @ryan6767,

I’m glad that it worked!

Kind Regards, Roman.