Call To Action Problem

Hello,

I’m having an issue with the call to action button. It won’t allow me to enter text without having HTTP:// in front of it and it doesn’t allow spaces as if it were a web address.

Is it possible to just have text but it link to a URL as the option suggests in Customiser?

Thanks

Hello,

same problem here, I left the homepage button empty for the time being.I also noticed it’s not on the Worpress Org list. Is it because it’s beta?

You are probably referring to this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dkr96zemilp14k/calltoaction.jpg?dl=0

It should be fixed in next update I presume.

Go to theme folder sydnay > inc and open customizer.php and change this line:
'sanitize_callback' => 'esc_url_raw',
to:
'sanitize_callback' => 'sanitize_text_field',

And here you go :slight_smile:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbblg3dn3tgr4bj/calltoaction2.jpg?dl=0

Hi AlfredG, no, it is not Beta. Theme is not submitted to wordpress. That’s all :slight_smile:

It works, thanks!

Watch out to do this in the wpcustomize function though, the rule is also in the favicon part of the code!

The theme has been submitted to WordPress.org, Alfred, but hasn’t been approved yet. This is normal. It usually takes 6-8 weeks to be approved. In the meantime, we have released it here. So it’s not beta but it is an early version (version 1, in fact!).

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. We’ll get it fixed ASAP. Anything else, let us know.

@AlfredG: it’s in more places actually (where it’s actually needed). It only needs to be replaced for the slider_button_text setting. Will be fixed tomorrow. Would love to see a link to your website so we can see the theme in use.

Hi Vlad,

I’m rebuilding the website but Sidney is already in use. You can see it here.

It’s solved and a new version is available.
@AlfredG: Thanks for sharing your link. Not sure if you noticed in the documentation videos, but you can reduce the row padding or add a border so you won’t have so much white space between rows. See Edit Row > Theme.

Thanks for pointing out Vlad,

I’ve seen them but concentrated on some colors of other plugings to match the wonderful theme. At this moment all the colors are right. Next for me is finishing the frontpage. After that I wil see to reduce row padding.

It’s a verry good theme and easy to adjust so I don’t think it will take much time. Thanks for your help.

Thanks Very Much!