Call-to-action button's text changes color in visited mode

Hi there. I’ve built a site with Sydney theme and Elementor (free version) because the two works so well together. See site here: https://www.techgenius.co.za/ However, I set up my call to action button in Sydney theme customization. The button’s text color changes to a dark grey (intermittently) when in visited state. I’ve tried the following css but it didn’t solve my problem:

.roll-button:visited {
background-color: #01417E
color: white;
}

Any ideas?

Also, I linked the button to an anchor (set up in elementor) but in Firefox browser it does a weird scroll down, jump up and then scroll down to the anchor instead of a smooth scroll down like in other browsers.

Hello,

First thanks for using our Sydney theme!

You should style the :focus state. Please try with the given code below:

.roll-button:focus {
    color: #FFF !important;
    background-color: #01417E;
}

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for the super fast reply. This works like a charm - thank you so much!

Any idea how we can fix the weird “scroll jump” to anchors in Firefox? The scroll to anchors works fine in all browsers but in Firefox it does this weird “up and down” scroll before it ends at the anchor. (Or should I start a new thread for this question?)

Once again thanks for the fast and effective reply!

Leanné

Hello Leanné,

First sorry for this issue. Unfortunately this is more complicate to resolve with custom code here and I am adding this issue to our development issues tracker. So we will try to fix that as soon possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello,

Update here. Seems that the CSS “scroll-behavior: smooth” is the reason of the issue on Firefox.

Please try adding the give code below at Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

html {
    scroll-behavior: auto !important;
}

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi there. This seems to have solved the problem! Thank you so much for taking the time to investigate and resolve this. I am forever grateful :smile:

Best wishes
Leanné

Hi Leanne,

Great the issue is now resolved!

If you are satisfied with our theme and support, would be great if you leave your comment and rating in the offical WordPress Themes repository. That helps us a lot: https://wordpress.org/support/theme/sydney/reviews/#new-post

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support