Call To Action Button

Hey, this is my first post on here so please let me know if i’m doing anything wrong :wink:

I am currently building my site offline on localhost so i am unable to link the site.

The problem I’m having is when I insert the call to action button widget (button displayed inline with text) the bottom border of my button disappears and reappears when I resize my browser window. I have to size the browser in the correct position for the button to display correctly. All other buttons work perfectly. Only seems to be on the call to action widget. I have tried adjusting the padding incase that was interfering but no luck! I can send a screen shot via e-mail unless its possible to attach one here? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello @Olliehough,

Usually this type of issues requires a link because the code has to be inspected.

I have one guess though. Please try to add some padding with the following CSS code:

.roll-promobox.aside-style .promo-controls {
    padding: 3px 0px;
}

You can add CSS code to style.css file of your child theme, also you can use Simple Custom CSS or similar plugin for adding CSS code.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
I won’t be able to tell you something more specific without a link.

I’m pretty new to this so forgive me, just trying to get myself off the ground :wink:
I’m not using a Child theme, Is it essential I use one?
I have a plugin for adding CSS code which seems to do what I need it to however I’ve only been working on this for the past 2 weeks or so I am yet to see if anything changes when word press updates.
Thanks Roman!

Hi @Olliehough,

No, it is not essential to use a child theme, CSS plugin is enough if you want to change only CSS.

And the changes that you will make with CSS plugin will be permanent, you will not lose them after update.

Kind Regards, Roman.