Bullets not appearing properly

Hi, I hope Roman will be able to help me with this issue as he has been of superb assistance to me from the start.

I am using the Sydney Child theme.

I created posts and pages with bullet points that do not seem to be appearing at all. After trying to find a solution online, I tried inserting CSS code which now looks like this:

However, my bullet points are still not appearing the way I want them to.

For example, here’s how my draft looks like on the editor/editing mode:

But the published version looks like this:

As you can see, the required indents to the specific areas in the draft version are not appearing properly in the published version.

Here’s another example of another draft that I have:

This is how it looks like published:

The indents are not appearing properly once again, which affects the presentation of the points on my page.

I’ve been trying to find a solution to this for a long time, but to no avail. I hope Roman will be able to help me with an easy fix.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

P.S. Please note that if I default the CSS back to the original, the bullet points do not appear at all, only the text appears.

I had a similar problem as you describe, unfortunately I can’t proof it is the same probelm, the links do not work for me.
I found a plugin that works for me https://wordpress.org/plugins/nested-ordered-lists/
I am not sure how solid it is, it got updated only 5 months ago and it shows only a small number of installations. But again, it works on my website with Sidney theme.

best regards
Herbert

Hello @sydneythemeuser,

I will be glad to help you, but can you please provide a link to your website to let me inspect it?

If there are some specific pages, please specify them.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Also please remove the last custom CSS rule, it breaks some default widgets’ appearance.

Hi Roman,

Apologies for the late response. Thanks so much for your reply.

I’ve removed the last custom CSS rule. It now looks like this:

Please note that the bullets are not appearing at all after I’ve removed the last custom CSS rule…

Here are the links to the pages/posts in question:

http://bit.ly/2c26LOu
http://bit.ly/2c2gvuN

My homepage is at:

http://bit.ly/2c0Rs9U

Kindly note that my site is still under construction, so not all links are working.

Hello @sydneythemeuser,

It’s a quite long story why unordered lists don’t work in widgets. I can explain it if you want :slight_smile:

However, please try to use the following CSS code to make your uls appear properly.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

div#primary div.widget ul {
    list-style-type: disc;
    padding-left: 40px;
}

div#primary div.widget ul ul {
    list-style-type: circle;
}

div#primary div.widget ul ul ul {
    list-style-type: square;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

My apologies for this reply as I’ve been having limited internet connection.

I followed your recommendations and the bullets work perfectly now!

Thank you so much. You’ve saved the day again! :slight_smile:

You are welcome @sydneythemeuser!

I’m glad that your bullets work now :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

It’s me again - after more than a year! Hope you’ve had a great start to 2018 :slight_smile:

I’d appreciate your kind expertise regarding the following problem on my website.

I’m unable to change the footer to show the correct year (2018, instead of 2017).

I’ve tried doing the following without success:

1. Go to Network Admin > Themes > Editor
  2. Find the footer.php on the right hand side and click on it
  3. Just edit 2017 to 2018 in the php code
  4. Click “Update File”

However, I’d get an error msg that says: Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thank you so much.

Warm regards,
sydneythemeuser

Hello, please create a new topic for this issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.