Btn Menu broken

Dear All,

How do explain? Well, my website is http://wordpress.nattymoments.ch/ and it is almost finished. But I do have a problem since a week and I’m not able to solve it. I goggled like hours and tried all the code I could found but nothing worked. Nothing!

My issue is the Btn Menu e.g. the menu you get on a tablet or phone - just resize your browser. Now, the issue is, that the menu is just not visible as well as the button which leads people to the second level of the menu. It is absolutely crucial, that this works. As mentioned, I tired everything (Plug-Ins, coding etc.) and nothing worked. It seems totally broken and not fixable.

I’m happy to give you a temporar access to my Wordpress site in order to solve the issue and even pay someone accordingly if the issue gets fixed. Just let me know if you can solve it! Thank you! Or if buying the pro version helps, I’m happy to take that path…

Cheers,
Natty

Hello Natty,

I took a look at your website, please try the following code in a child theme or simple css plugin:

.btn-menu, .btn-submenu, .hentry .meta-post span::before {
  font-family: FontAwesome !important;
}

I also saw that the button is visible on every sreen size. Is it okay or should it visible only on smaller devices as it is normal?
To hide it apply this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
  .btn-menu {
    display: none;
  }
}

Did you made any changes in the original style.css, maybe at the .btn-menu class?

It is important to make all the changes in a child theme or with the help of a css plugin. Otherwise all your changes will be gone if the theme gets an update.

I noticed something more: Please make your images in the slider smaller. Every image is about 10 MB huge, this is far too much! Think about loading 5x10 MB on a smartphone with mobile internet. Try to reduce them to 1920*1080px and safe them for the web, they shouldn’t have more than 300 KB, best would be even less.

Best regards,
WeAreOne

Thank you so much. The menu works perfect again!In regards to your question, it may be that I changed some of the original style.css, but I always tried to redo my changes…
And yes, I’m aware that the pictures are way to huge… They are just placeholders and will change soon (:

Thanks again, you saved my life!

Cheers,
Natty

Alright!
The problem was that you changed the font family of the button. But because it’s part of a special icon font, the button can’t be displayed.

Best regards and good luck with your site,
WeAreOne

Good to know… will try to be more careful in the future, thanks again!