Blog Post not showing up on Static front page

Hello everyone,

first of all thank you to all developers of SYDNEY, such a lovely theme!!!

I’ve set up my homepage to show the latest posts from my blog. The problem is that the posts are only showing up under the main blog page, not on the homepage.

I have already deleted the caching plugin and deactivated all the other plugins. I know that it has worked before…

I don’t know what to do, and I’m not tech savvy for these things. Please, explain as I were a five-year-old.

My Homepage can be found here: http://be-the-sparkle.de/

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

Kind regards,
Ann-Kathrin

Hi there,

I’ve just checked your site and I noticed that your home page is configured as “front static page”, that’s why your blog post not showing up in the home page.

You can set it as Blog page from: Customize > Static Fron page > Front page displays > then choose “Your latest posts”.

Regards,
Awan

Hi Awan,

Thank you very much for your reply!

So does that mean, that I can have either a Homepage with my latest blog posts and nothing else shwoing up or a static one with no posts and additionally my Blogpage?

If I change it to no static homepage with latest posts, then the Blogpage does not show anything and the other content of my hompeage is not showing up…

I wanted to have Both: a Blogpage with my Posts and a Homepage with the latest posts…

Is that possible?

Best regards, Ann-Kathrin

Hi,

Currently in your home page, you are using front page with some widgets, correct? and you want to display your latest post in those home page also, am I right?

If yes, you can add one row to the front page then add “Recent post” to the row.

Then for your blog page, maybe you can rename it from “bloggin” to “blog”

Regards,
Awan

Hi!

I have already changed the name to blog yesterday…
That idea with the row and widget was great!!!
But it does not show pictures…only the text… what did I miss?

I am so sorry,…really appreciate your help!!!

Best regards ak

HI!!!
THANK YOU IT IST WORKING!
I used the wrong widget…not the Sydney one ;))))
SOOOO GLAD
Best regards, agk