Blog Post Layout

Hello,
I’m publishing different topics sorted in Categories, being presented on different pages. Now, Blogposts on the front page are being displayed in a “block” layout, while blog posts on different pages being displayed image left next to the text. That looks a bit separated. Is there a way to display it like on the front page other than having another “frontpage” for categories?

Hello there,

That looks a bit separated. Is there a way to display it like on the front page other than having another “frontpage” for categories?

I am sorry, I didn’t get what you would kike to achieve. Could you please make simple mockup/design for it?

Regards,
Kharis

Hey,
I think, I’m talking about the default way how blogposts being displayed. Attached two screenshots: first shows the frontpage widget: one big image and a teaser text below.

Second shows a category: smaller image left and teaser text right. Lots of space wasted below the image.

I’d like to have the default display for blogposts like the widget on the frontpage, so there is a common design throughout the website.

Hello there,

From your site’s dashboard, visit Appearance > Customize > Blog options > enable " Large images" option.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis,

I did, thats the setting as of now. In fact, none of the 4 layout options makes a differnce. Remember, this is a category slug.

Hello there,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.archive.category .post.hentry .entry-thumb.col-md-4 {
      border: 4px double #ebebeb;
      padding: 0;
      background-color: #fff;
    }

.archive.category .post.hentry .entry-thumb.col-md-4 img {
      border: none;
    }

.archive.category .post.hentry .entry-thumb.col-md-4,
    .archive.category .post.hentry .post-content.col-md-8 {
      width: 100%;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

1 Like

Good morning,

that is not 100% what I wanted, but it works. I understand that my wish maybe doesnt work with a sidebar. So, thank you very much! I think I can live with that.

Daniel

Great!

You’re welcome Daniel!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support