Blog page loading very slowly

For some reason the blog page of my site is loading very slowly.

Can you please see if there is something causing this?
Thanks

Hello @mcantwell75,

Please try to temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and see if it helps.

Please remember about importance of regular full site backups.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for your reply. Question, how long is temporary? What if it does fix the loading speed, what about all of those plugins I was using?
Thank you

Hello @mcantwell75,

Then you can activate the rest of your plugins one by one to find problematic plugin (or plugins).

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have been deactivating plugins left and right… the blog will temporarily load faster yet then go back to the slow load. Also, the 1st page of blog will load faster yet 2nd page slower…
I have deactivated almost every plugin. Currently only running 5 and I have lost a few that I use frequently. There is not rhyme or reason as to which plugin is causing this… Can you help?
FOr a screen shot of plugins

Hello @mcantwell75,

I have just checked your website with GTmetrix and yes, it looks like there are some issues.

Please check the report:
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/deepdesignthinking.com/yCfJRqi4

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you… I made a few updates and added speed booster plugin… the 1st page of the blog is loading much faster… However, now when I go to “older” posts the page gets wonky: the 1st page isn’t removed and the 1nd page is one long column of posts. And this happens when I click “older posts” but not when I enter the link directly.

Hello @mcantwell75,

Do you use Jetpack plugin for Infinite Scroll functionality?

Kind Regards, Roman.