Blog info

I’m not finding where to change blog info (date icon, author icon & folder icon). I would like to customize. Help?

Hello Monty,

Please use this CSS code to change your blog info (date icon, author icon & folder icon):

.hentry .meta-post span.posted-on::before {
    content: "\f073" !important;
}

.hentry .meta-post span.comments-link::before {
    content: "\f086" !important;
}

.hentry .meta-post span.cat-links::before {
    content: "\f114" !important;
}

You have to replace “\f073”, “\f086”, and “\f114” with respective values from this list.

You can add CSS code to style.css file of your child theme, also you can use Simple Custom CSS or similar plugin for adding CSS code.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I was hoping to find the php template for the single post page so I can add the comments icon and link to the meta post area. Also, I would like to use i class for font awesome so that I can add circle background to icon.

Okay Monty,

Sorry, but this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I understand. I’m not actually looking for the actual customization help, but rather just for you to point me in the right direction. If you could tell me what php file I need to edit for the single post layout, that would be enough. Thanks.

Well Monty,

If you want to get your hands dirty then you should probably start with content.php, it is located within the theme folder.

I hope that it will help you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
Also I strongly recommend you to read this: WordPress Template Hierarchy.

Thanks Roman. Turns out that Essential Grid was exactly what I was looking for, without getting my hands too dirty :slight_smile:

Great Monty!

I am glad that you have found what you was looking for :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.