Blank live editor

So i’m using latest version of all needed plugins, theme and wordpress, but still getting blank live editor:

• i have no additional plugins, adblock is disabled and there’s no errors in console.

How should i deal with that?

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear you’ve run into trouble.

Please try to create a new blank page then activate the live editor. Does the issue also to happen there?

Regards,
Kharis

No, seems like it occurs on front page only.

Hello there,

How did you setup your front-page content? Is it the default import of the demo content?

Regards,
Kharis

Imported demo content.

Hello there,

I can experiencing the issue on my test site. I am looking into it. Sorry for inconvenience. I will update you ASAP.

Regards,
Kharis

any info on fixing the issue?

Hello there,

So sorry for the delay. For some reason the_content() and the_excerpt() functions calls prevent the live editor to work properly. To temporarily fix it, please try to do the following steps:

1. Edit the widgets/fp-services-type-a.php file and replace <?php the_content(); ?> line with:

<?php echo get_the_content(get_the_ID()); ?>

1. Edit the widgets/fp-services-type-b.php file and replace <?php the_content(); ?> line with:

<?php echo get_the_content(get_the_ID()); ?>

1. Edit the widgets/fp-latest-news.php file and replace <div class="entry-summary"><?php the_excerpt(); ?></div> line with:

<div class="entry-summary">
  <?php
  echo wp_trim_words($nex_obj->post_content) . '[&hellip;]';
  ?>
</div>

1. Save changes then update through FTP of file manager of cPanel

Regards,
Kharis

Tried that and live editor is loads very long and then page loads without end. In summary, fix didn’t work :\

Hello there,

Sorry for the misled.

Please replace the code on step 3 with this:

<div class="entry-summary">
  <?php
  $nex_obj = get_adjacent_post(false, '', true);
  echo wp_trim_words($nex_obj->post_content) . '[&hellip;]';
  ?>
</div>

Regards,
Kharis

Sorry for the delay in the reply.

It still loads awfully long and hangs at loading animation(4 boxes).

Hello Kharis Sulistiyono,

I’m also experiencing this issue with live editor, which is driving me crazy as I can’t do any work after just installing sydney on a brand new website. I’ve used sydney in the past with great results but this has taken almost 2 days of my time until I finally found this.

The site is http://www.shadededge.com and it’s not live yet, so it’s not as big of a deal, but maybe you can view the rendered PHP or something if that helps…

Is this still the best solution to replace some of the PHP entries?

Also, I’m assuming at next update when this is “hopefully” fixed, it would also update and wipe out the customized PHP???

Thanks,
Scott

Hey this worked to recover services a/b and latest news, but not testemonials and the other “get post data” type of sydney widgets, if this makes sense to you.

Any more code snippets to fix these guys as well?

I guess live editor isn’t a priority for athemes?

I’m using Sydney on 5 of my 8 websites. This is really screwing me over. Thanks guys.

You guys just updated Sydney and didn’t fix this. One of my biggest dissapointments with a company, ever. I can’t believe it, and you can’t even post of the bootstrapping code here…

Hello there,

So sorry for the delay. We didn’t mean to. We have been trying to resolve this trouble. But due to several instances occurred, we do apologize that we haven’t yet found the solution. Please read how our lead developer clarified it on this thread https://athemes.com/forums/topic/page-builder-no-live-editor-button-on-the-admin-bar/#post-701442.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Kharis