Bigger pictures of testemonials

Hello,

how can I increase the size of testimonials pictures?

Thanks for helping me out.

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

Try to open the functions.php file, then find this line add_image_size(‘perth-small-thumb’, 100);. Change the value to any number of your choice. Once you’re done, regenerate the new thumbnail size by using the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

As you are editing the theme’s core file, you must take it at your own risk. The changes you have made will be lost once the theme gets updated in the future.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks a lot again for your help.

I guess it would be a good idea to add this to a child functions.php but I can’t understand how to create a child of the perth theme. The wordpress site explanation doesn’t make sense to me, so I can’t understand what to do after create the -child folder and add a style.css file. I don’t know what to put in the newly created functions.php file?

Dear Dwain,

Please see this article which might explain it better.

If you redefine the thumbnail size in the child theme’s functions.php file, you still need to edit this line:

<?php the_post_thumbnail('perth-small-thumb'); ?>

in the widgets/fp-testimonials.php file to associate your new image size as it can’t be overwritten from child theme. IMHO, creating a child theme wouldn’t make sense.

Regards,
Kharis