Background Images in Astrid theme

Hello

I woud like to know how I can adjust the colour (the darkening) of both the top head image, and also on background images.

In my case, I would like the images (bakckground) to be a little brighter, so I can actually see what it is! Even if there’s text on top.

Thanx!

Kindly,

dubbelklick

Hello @dubbelklick,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.header-image::after,
.row-overlay {
    background-color: rgba(37,46,53,0.6) !important;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

I want to apply the code below to the custom css to make only the background image of one specific textwidget with transparent overlay, but I’m having a hard time to isolate it because it keeps appearing on all my textwidgets on the site, any suggestions?

.textwidget
.background-image::after,
.row-overlay {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

Thanks!!

Hello,

Please create a new topic for your question in order to make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello thank you the response, excuse my clumsiness but I don’t seem to find anywhere how to start a new topic, can you help?

Hello,

You can create a new topic by clicking blue OPEN NEW TOPIC button in a theme forum.

Kind Regards, Roman.