Background color

How do I change the background color of a page/post?

(First time making a website, not using Live Composer)

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to the page or post that you want to change and specify desired background color?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

It looks like you have already resolved this issue. Can you please confirm or deny it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes, thanks. But then I would like to add a frame to the picture. Either a colored one or a real clipart frame. How do I do this?

Hello,

Can you please provide some example?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

acutally I thought on something like this: https://openclipart.org/detail/259851/gold-victorian-ornament-expanded-2
but I don’t know where to get such frames in a virtual version.

One of the best virtual ones I could find in a trice: https://openclipart.org/detail/259851/gold-victorian-ornament-expanded-2

I also would like to know how to add a simple colored frame around a picture.

Hello,

Please try to use the following CSS code in order to add border to post images.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.entry-content img {
    border: 2px solid red;
}

You can add frames to images in a graphics editor and then reupload edited images to your website.

Kind Regards, Roman.

That’s so cool, Roman, thanks a lot. Can I also add borders/frames to videos?

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to the page that contains a video?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

Please try to use this CSS code instead of previous:

.entry-content img,
.entry-content .fluid-width-video-wrapper {
    border: 2px solid red;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hey Roman,

1.) The CSS code you gave me in order to add borders to images adds borders to every single image I put on the site. Which is great on the one hand. But what if I would like to handle single/certain images/pages differently? For example here the borders are too thick and I would like to change that or even delete the borders completely.

2.) I also would like to change the arrangement of the images. For example, I would like to put the second image next to the first one. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Hello,

It looks like the first issue above goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can find a reputable freelancer on Upwork for this kind of service.

Can you please create a new topic for the second issue in order to make it easier to help you?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi, I have a problem with the overlay color, have uploaded the image in banner position but still remind the original black color that the theme has, it looks like gray color over the image.

Hello Roman,

would it still go beyond your support policy if you would just tell me how to change the image borders on a single page?

loochi.zoe, please create a new topic for your question in order to make it easier to help you.

DBL, please describe what exactly you want to achieve.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I would like to reduce the thickness of the image borders on this page here: (but the image borders on OTHER pages shall stay like they are)

Hello,

Please try to use this CSS code:

body.page-id-245 .entry-content img {
    border: 6px solid #37a321;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Works perfectly, thank you very much. Is this also possible for the different pages here?

Yes, try to use this CSS code instead of previous:

body.page-id-245 .entry-content img,
body.page-id-402 .entry-content img,
body.page-id-254 .entry-content img,
body.page-id-256 .entry-content img,
body.page-id-258 .entry-content img,
body.page-id-260 .entry-content img,
body.page-id-262 .entry-content img,
body.page-id-264 .entry-content img {
    border: 6px solid #37a321;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.