Background color for Call to action widget doesn't work

Hey support,

I want to give the background of my second call to action button on my homepage the color #ff2828, but it keeps showing the image I used for the other call to action at the top of the page.

I removed the background image under ‘Moesia FP: Call to action’ > Edit > Design and selected #ff2828 as background color. I also removed the image under Edit Row > Design and selected #ff2828 as background color under Edit Row > Theme. Also, I selected #ff2828 to be the background color of the Call to action widget under Customize > Front Page Colors > Call to action section > Call to action section background color. I have also tried the following code:

#pg-977-8 {
background-color: #ff2828;
}

I have no idea what I can do to change it, so I really hope you can help me. It worked before.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Maarten

Site is: http://howtogetrippedathome.com/

Hello, can you please disable caching/minification and leave here a note?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

You haven’t added the background to the section, but you have added to the background of the Call to Action section, but you can change the background of the second call to action area with this Custom CSS if you don’t now the exact area where you’ve set the background image to the Call to Action WIdget:

#pg-977-8 .action-area {
    background: #ff2828 !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Thanks a lot! It worked!

So if I understand you well, I have added a ‘general’ background to the Call to action section then? So that every Call to action widget I add gets this background? I will look into it and try to find out where I did so. If I find it I will post it here.

Hey Roman,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Why should I disable caching/minification? Is it because you couldn’t reach my site? I know it has security issues and people are not able to visit the site anymore, but I’m planning on visually finishing my site first and then really going ‘live’ with it and make it work properly.

Best,
Maarten

Hello Maarten,

Caching/minification make troubleshooting harder.

Kind Regards, Roman.