Attention to: Roman

Dear Roman,

I posted earlier before in this forum, and you’d been a great help. Thank you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the same problem seems to be happening again. My website appears ok on desktops, but it switches out to this strange blue-coloured theme on mobile devices (on both Android and Apple mobile devices).

Kindly advice on how my website can appear consistent on both desktops and mobile devices. I have already disconnected the Jetpack mobile theme as suggested by you the last time (which worked!) But now, with the Jetback mobile theme turned off, my website still reverted to the same problem.

Please note that I have not made any changes to my website since our last correspondence.

Looking forward to your expertise on this matter, thank you!

Hello @sydneythemeuser,

Looks like your site is using Jetpack Mobile Theme again, to be exact Minileven.

Maybe it turned on after Jetpack plugin update or something, anyway, please turn it off again.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thank you for your prompt response. I checked the Jetpack Mobile Theme on my Wordpress dashboard, and noted that it has remained off since the last time we corresponded. And I am unable to locate “Minileven” anywhere. May I ask where I can locate it so I may deactivate it?

Nevertheless, I’ve tried activating the Jetpack Mobile Theme, and then deactivating it again. Not sure if this is the right way to deactivate “Minileven”, but I thought I’d give it a shot.

It’s been several hours since then, and my website still doesn’t look the way it should on mobile devices.

Please advice, thank you.

Hello @sydneythemeuser,

Anyway, it looks like your site is still using Jetpack Mobile Theme.

I kindly suggest you to contact Jetpack Support regarding this issue here or here.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

My apologies for this late response. I’d managed to fix this issue by following your advice of contacting Jetpack Support directly.

It turned out that my Jetpack Mobile Theme was still on, because I didn’t disable it via my network’s Super Admin.

For privacy reasons, may I trouble you to kindly remove the hyperlink of my website (in my first post of this thread)? If not, please help me delete this thread as I am unable to do so on my end.

Thank you, Roman.

Hello @sydneythemeuser,

It’s great that you managed to fix this issue.

I have already removed the link from your first post.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you, Roman. You have a great week ahead too! :slight_smile: