Astrid Pro vs Astrid Free

Can you provide a complete list of what can be done in Astrid Pro that can’t be done Astrid Free?

One thing I am looking for is the ability to create a page without the sidebar, both at the width of the template (1024) as well as the device (like is done on the home page). Then I can use the power of SiteOrigin (or other editor) to really make pages “sing”.

In Pro, is this an option? In Free, can you provide the CSS?

I really want to support your effort. I think Astrid is a great theme, primarily because of its simplicity. I will gladly purchase Pro if I can remove the side bar and utilize both the entire template space as well as the entire device space (I have needs for both!).

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

Well, the extra features are listed here: https://athemes.com/plugins/astrid-pro/

We don’t have a device-width template other than the widgetized one but it’s simple to do with custom CSS. If you show me an example of a fullwidth page that needs to be device width, I can show you the code. The thing is that you need to apply that bit of code for every page that needs this since you’d be targeting the page ID.

Hi Vlad,

Yeah, I’ve seen that before but I thought is was just an overview. Are you saying that is complete? I’ve already taken care of most of what I need with CSS.

Rob->

Hi,

Yes, that’s the complete list of the extras at this time. Can’t really add tons of stuff as there are already a lot of options in the free version and we don’t want to overload it too much.

Hi Vlad,

Based on the CSS changes I have made as well as some observations based on how I have developed the template for my new site, I would propose you consider several things which I do not believe would add unacceptable bloat. If you would like to pursue with me, I would be more than happy to have a private and separate discussion via email.

Rob->

Sure, new ideas are always appreciated. Feel free to email me at vlad[at]athemes.com