Astrid H3 Heade size not updating in desktop when changed

Hi there,
I am updating the H3 header size on my front page (www.intrendbathrooms.com.au) so that the text is smaller. In the editing mode, it’s coming up great - but then when checking site on desktop, the text is still huge. It doesn’t seem to change, no matter what size i set it at.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Maggie

Hello Maggie,

Please describe what exactly you want to achieve.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi, sorry for my tardy response, I didnt get the notification until i checked junk mail!

So, I am trying to reduce the size of the text over the header image area (Experience the Intrend Difference) - however, when i change it in the back end, it looks great, and when I go back to visit the page, the size hasn’t changed.

Does that make sense?

Hello Maggie,

Yes, that makes sense. Please try to use the following CSS code in order to reduce the size of that text.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .header-text {
        font-size: 56px;
    }
}

You can play with font-size value to meet your needs. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you, that worked fabulously! (I played around with the sizing in the code until I was happy with it).

Thank you for your help!

(On a similar note, is there a different piece of code I can use to change the ‘header small text’ above it? Currently set as H4, however changing that text to smaller doesn’t seem to work either. I would like to have that smaller also, as the header text is smaller now). :slight_smile:

Maggie, please try to use this CSS code:

@media (min-width: 992px) {
    .header-subtext {
        font-size: 32px;
    }
}

Kind Regards, Roman.