Article without sidebar?

Hi,

Is there an easy way to remove the sidebar from a single article?

The full widht page looks so nice that I want to use it on some articles too. Or maybe all of them.

(Ideally it would be nice to be able to to choose one of the the same templates as with the pages)

Hey,

You can’t use templates with single posts. It’s a Wordpress limitation unfortunately.

You just need a bit of custom CSS:

.single .content-area {
     width: 100% !important;
}
.single .widget-area {
     display: none;
}

The above will make all your single posts full width. Let me know how it goes and if you want just for some of them.

Thank you!

Hi Vlad!
Thank you for the beautiful theme, I’m totally in love with it!
I have the same problem of the topic author: before the last theme update, I can get the full width option on pages and articles with the custom css:

.single .content-area { width: 100% !important; } .single .widget-area { display: none; }

and

.page .content-area { width: 100% !important; } .page .widget-area { display: none; }

(if i remember it correctly)

but now it seems it doesn’t work anymore… do you have some hints?

here’s a link to a test article (site is still under construction): http://blog.printsoon.it/sed-eleifend-sed/.
Thank you so much for the great work and assistance!

EDIT: My bad:it was the custom css plugin disabled after an update!
Sorry for bothering you!

Hi,

Your CSS looks completely broken. You first need to undo what you did.
Regarding your custom code, it should still work if you’ve added it in a custom CSS plugin. If you’ve added it in the theme directly then yeah, the code would be removed upon update. And you don’t need the code for the page, you can use the full width page template.

Ok, fixed! Thank you!