Article Title Font Size

I think at some point I may have messed with the css that regulates the size of article titles. Now when I try and change fonts, the titles, no matter what font I choose, are massive. I assumed I had to change H1 font size but that doesn’t seem to work. Any problem fixing my dilemma would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, so we can check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

http://brownsista.com

Thank you :slight_smile:

By the way, what really bothers me, is that when the font is really big, it affects the search box in the sidebar. It pushes the black button with the word "search"beneath the text box.

Hi,

You can make the search button to be on the same line with the search text field with by making the search button’s font-size smaller, with this Custom CSS:

input[type="submit"] {
    font-size: 14px;
}

Add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you, your method worked. :slight_smile:

I think I would also like to change the title size font as well. Its still pretty overwhelming. Just about everywhere the font appears I want to change the size, but mainly title and the category and tags info that appears under the article.

Hi,

Great! I’m glad it worked. Please try this Custom CSS to change the title font size too:

.entry-title {
    font-size: 1.2rem !important;
}

Best Regards,
Csaba

Yes, that did the trick as well. Again, thank you :slight_smile:

Now, the bottom menu, the part that says “Home / Gallery / Interview,” etc, needs to be made smaller too, and the titles to my widgets in the sidebar.

I hope I’m not being annoying :slight_smile:

Hi,

Great! I’m glad that worked too. You can make the bottom menu’s and the widget titles’ font-size smaller with this Custom CSS:

#main-navigation li a {
    font-size: 0.8em !important;
}

.widget-title {
    font-size: 1em !important;
}

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you, I have things just as I want them now. Your help has been much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba