Arrows on menu in Sydney mobile vs desktop

Hi there,

On normal Sydney, there are arrows indicating sub menus on the mobile version of the site. Is there anyway to show these arrows on the desktop version?

Thanks

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, so I can check.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi it’s equihire.co.uk. I’m having trouble with accessing it due to a faulty ‘maintenance’ page- so you may not be able to access it, but if not can you still help?

Thanks

Hi,

I do see arrows indicating sub-menus on desktop too, have you been able to resolve this issue? If not, then please post a screenshot and point out the arrows you’re referring to.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi so these arrows are a plugin I’ve added to the site but I can remove them? There should only be one live at the moment under ‘hire products’. Thanks

Hi,

Then, please remove the plugin, so I can check how it looks by default and let me know how else you would like to add an arrow for the dropdown menu.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi,

Thank you- I’ve deactivated the plugin now. I would just like the menu to look similar to the plugin really, where there is an arrow showing for any sub menu items.

Thanks,

Abi

The other issue I’m having is that on the mobile layout only half of the bar is showing, and then the arrows are pushing to the side where the menu has gone see- through. Does that make sense ?

Hi,

You can have a down-arrow after the menu items which have sub-menu with this Custom CSS:

#mainnav .menu-item-has-children a:after {
    content: "\f107";
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    margin-left: 5px;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba