Any changes in font in customization is not reflecting correctly after saving it

Hi Team, It is wrt my website : www.familyonthewheels.com.
I had Source+Sans+Pro:400,400italic,600 and Exo 2:400,500,600 as body and heading fonts originally till today 11am. Suddenly after some time, the fonts became distorted and everything became too big and bold (which you can see even now). Though I tried a lot changing the Fonts in customization window after that but the basic extra big and boldness of the fonts is not changing at all.
Can you please help me out.

Hi,

Source Sans and Raleway are the fonts that are integrated in the theme, please let me know which font ( google font ) you would like to use, so I can give you the google font code you must add to your header.php file in order to load that font.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Okay I want open sans as a font : font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif;
but if you open the website, you can see that it is so bold. Earlier it was not such bold at all. Pls help in it also

Hi,

Please add this code to header.php in <head> section:

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,400,700" rel="stylesheet">

and set Open Sans as font in Customizer, then it should work.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

But Sydney child doesnt shows any header.php file

Child has functions.php and styles.css . Parent theme has Functions.php and footer.php.
I have Insert header and footer plugin, will that work?

HI Team,pls help, I cannot see header.php file in parent/child theme to edit this

Hi,

Please add header.php file to your Child Theme and add a tag and inside add the code I gave you above, like this:

<head>
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,400,700" rel="stylesheet">
</head>

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Oh, so I will have to add header.php, can you guide me how to do that?

Hi,

You just have to upload a new .php file ( called header.php ) in the Child Theme’s folder in wp-content / themes / your-child-theme’s folder.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I did it, but the site’s header looks broken now, Pls check www.familyonthewheels.com and help

I had to delete the header file as it broke up the header portion completely, all the scroll images were gone and it looked like a pathetic site. Kindly provide a holistic solution

Hi,

Yes, sorry, the code I gave you was just an example, if you add it like I gave you with closed head tag it will not load other parts of the theme, please copy the header.php from the parent theme to your Child Theme and add the code in section of the header.php file, that should be safe.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Because of this,I had to change my theme to greatmag from your brand only. I have changed it up

Hi,

Ok, Great! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic, so we can help you there!

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
Csaba