ANSWER PLEASE: How to install Pro without losing changes?

Hello,

I posted this topic earlier, but did not receive a reply. I have bought and downloaded Alizee Pro. However, I have done a lot of work on Alizee normal.

Will I lose the changes I made to the theme colors, background image, and menus?

If so, are there any steps I can take to prevent losing those changes?

Hi,

If the theme name is the same, then all your settings in Theme Options will remain unchanged.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I am asking because after I install Alizee Pro I went to “live preview” and see that all the colors and background images are the ones that Alizee comes with… not the ones I set up.

What do I need to do in order to change the name from Alizee-pro to Alizee or the other way around so I dont lose my changes with the upgrade???

Hi,

When you download the theme, please edit the name of the folder to “alizee” and also make sure in style.css the name to be “Alizee”.

Best Regards,
Csaba

OK, I unzipped it.

I then changed the main folder to “Alizee”

I then changed the folder inside that to “Alizee”

I then changed the name of the style.css at the very top of the file to “Alizee”

I THEN REZIPPED IT SINCE WP LOOKS FOR ZIPPED FILES.

I GOT THIS ERROR:
Installing Theme from uploaded file: alizee.rar
Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Hi,

You have made a .rar format, but you must zip it in .zip format, please check, your file is alizee.rar also make sure the folder to not be Alizee, it must be alizee without capitals.

Best Regards,
Csaba

OK, this time I got this error. Note that the only thing I changed in the CSS is the name at the top of the file:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: alizee.zip
Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Hi,

The text domain you have changed in style.css?

Best Regards,
Csaba

This is still pending. I dont understand your question. Please clarify.

Hi,

In style.css there is field called “Text Domain”, in alizee it’s “Text Domain: alizee”.

Best Regards,
Csaba