Anchor or Call to Action button not scrolling far enough when pressed.

Hello Athemes team. Really enjoying your work on Sydney and I love the theme, but I have hit into a problem that I need your help with. Reference: My Website

I have created a Sydney front page template website using the full screen slider option with a sticky menu. When I hit the call to action button the page scrolls down, but always leaves around 70 px of the sites background image at the top of the screen.

I did find a post from a little over 2 years ago with the same issue, but the final response was from Vlad which read:

Vlad: Hi, We’re using a 70px offset to compensate for all or part of the sticky menu height. Otherwise the menu would cover the section instead of stopping before it. Unfortunately, that’s not something that’s easy to disable at the moment.

My question is now that more than 2 years have gone by, can the 70px offset be disabled or reduced to a point that isn’t so noticeable for those of us who have a very thin sticky header and menu?

I’ve tried CSS Code: #primary { margin-top: 0px; } with no help.

One thing that helps a little is when I change the additional CSS code I currently have from .site-title, .site-description { display: none; } to . site-title, .site-description { visibility: hidden; } it increases the thickness of the header enough where the background image does get pushed behind the header where it’s not so noticeable, but only on desktop view, not mobile view.

I don’t know why the scrolling issue bothers me so much, but it just does. I guess that I’m looking at it from a user’s perspective if someone was visiting my site. The user has to finish the scrolling for the website instead of the button accomplishing that objective.

I’m a greenhorn at all this so please forgive my frustration. This is my first website and I’m proud of the fact that it looks as nice as it does. I’ve built it all with my own two fingers, yes fingers because I don’t even know how to keyboard, all except for the funnel which is where the anchor button takes the user to and the ‘Options’ page which is the same. That funnel is what gave me the inspiration to create a website to put it into.

After a multitude of hours watching YouTube videos and hours of reading this forum, I’m at a point where I’m happy with the outcome all except for this issue and one other that I will address in a separate post. I’m just extremely glad that I stumbled on the Sydney template. It’s truly an awesome template, and I still can’t believe I was able to create a website that looks as nice as this. In my business the simpler the website the better due to compliance, and in my opinion, this is a very simple, clean website that should have no trouble passing with the compliance people!

Hello,

You can try to use this plugin to set offset for #primary anchor:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman and thank you for the quick response!

I did install the plugin and activated it. However, I’ve watched several videos on how to use the plugin and they all seem to feature the plugin using the ‘menu’ to scroll or adding a call to action ‘button’ widget to scroll to a page id. for example ( id=#pg-466-0 ).

If I’m not mistaken, isn’t the anchor button internal to the Sydney theme? (Where the button scrolls ‘down one’ (#primary) when the button is clicked)

Can the plugin be used for Sydney’s internal anchor button? (If so, how?)

If you can get me pointed in the right direction I would be in your eternally grateful! I usually have to use step by step videos or forums like this one to learn how create a page or how to use the plugins, if that helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’ve actually enjoyed learning everything up to this point and I’m sure this fix will be the same.

Hello,

I’ve just tried to configure that plugin on my local Sydney install, but it couldn’t override theme offset, unfortunately. So that Vlad’s answer is still actual.

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the effort. I will try and contact Codeable and see what they say.

You are welcome, and thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.