Anchor Links Sydney Pro Desktop Browsers Safari Chrome Firefox NOT WORKING

Hi guys,

another time me with another anchor links issue: This time on Sydney Pro. Please check out my site: http://islablanca.es In the English version go to the menu point “Booking System”, then click on “Free Trial & Contact” that should lead to an anchor link (contact form section) on my startpage. For a second you see the correct location of the page (contact form) then the page jumps somewhere else. Very weird, the anchor links were always working on desktop browsers, I was testing them some weeks ago without any issues. And even weirder: The anchor links are working on my mobile browsers, like Safari on iOS. Seems that just the desktop browsers are affected by this issue. If you need my login credentials, I am more than happy to send them to your private email. Please help!! :slight_smile:

Your help, as always, is highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance and cheers!

Marcel

UPDATE: In case the Custom CSS Code could be a reason of the problem?!
(Although I don’t think so …) Here the code I have implemented at the moment:

@media only screen and (max-width: 991px){
.site-header {
background-color: transparent;
}
}
@media only screen and (max-width: 991px) {
.site-header.fixed {
position: absolute !important;
}
}
.text-slider-section {
top: 60%;
}
.text-slider .maintitle {
font-size: 30px;
}
}
@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
.slides-container .slide-item {
background-position: top center !important;
}
}

.site-header{
position: static !important;
}
}

THANKS in advance, guys!!!

Hello Marcel,

Looks like this issue is caused by different height of testimonials.

Please try to add line breaks to make shorter testimonials higher.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

thanks for your reply! I was implementing your suggestion in the English version (you can check it out here: http://islablanca.es/en/welcome). Unfortunately, setting all testimonials to 2 lines is not doing the trick. (tested on desktop version of Chrome and Firefox) Please take into consideration that the anchor links work fine INSIDE the page, but if you jump from another site to the position of the anchor link (as described in my first post), you see the correct position for a second and then the page jumps somewhere else. Please investigate further, if you need my login credentials, I am more than happy to provide them in a private message!

Thanks in advance & Cheers!
Marcel

Hello Marcel,

Unfortunately I can not replicate your issue on my end.

It makes me think that the issue might be with your browser. Can you please clear your browser’s cache and try those links again?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

thank you very much for your fast response! I was investigating further the anchor links problem taking into consideration that you couldn’t replicate the issue. Here my really weird result (all tested browsers are desktop versions): All anchor links working perfectly under Windows 7 in Chrome browser!

Furthermore, all chached files cleared, the anchor links work totally fine under Mac OS X 10.11.4 in Safari, but the links do NOT work under Mac OS X 10.11.4 in Chrome and Firefox. So, you were right, it is unfortunately a browser issue, but even with empty caches, the links DO NOT work in Firefox and Chrome under Mac OS X 10.11.4.

I hope a future update of these 2 browsers in the Mac version will fix the issue. At least I am sure now, that it is not the fault of our website :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your friendly help, Roman! If in future versions of Chrome and Firefox under Mac this issue is resolved, I will update this post!

Thanks and Cheers!
Marcel