Anchor Links on mobile NOT WORKING

Hi guys,

Using the West Pro theme for a customer project. Weirdly the anchor links work perfectly on the desktop browser. They also work on the mobile browser AS LONG AS YOU ARE ON THE SAME SITE. As soon as you want to jump from an other site to the anchor link, you see for a second the correct location is opened (for example “Free Trial & Contact” on the startpage) and then the page jumps somewhere else. It looks to me as it is a scaling problem, because in the second you see the correct location the page is not shwon in full width. As soon as the width is adjusted the correct location is left and it jumps to somewhere else on the page. I discovered this problem while testing on an iPhone 6 Plus using Safari and Chrome. The webpage is: arfgolf.com – Try for example while being on the “News Blog” site using the menu to go to “Location” – then the above described weird “jumping” occurs. Your quick help is appreciated a lot! P.S. I am a big fan of yours, using your themes already for my 3rd client! Cheers from Barcelona!

Hello there,

In order to fix the issue, could you please try to do the following?

1. Install and activate the Header and Footer Scripts plugin
  2. Go To Settings > Header and Footer Scripts panel
  3. Paste the following code into the provided Scripts in footer box
<script>

;(function($) {

$(window).load(function () {

var currentElem = $('#' + window.location.hash.replace('#', ''));

if(currentElem) {
        $('html,body').animate({
          scrollTop: currentElem.offset().top
        }, 1000);
    }

});

})(jQuery);
</script>
  1. Save settings

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

thanx so much for your quick help. Unfortunately problem not resolved, yet. Running into the following situation:

1. I installed Header and Footer Scripts Version 1.3.4 | By Anand Kumar
  2. In Settings “Header and Footer Script panel” I pasted your script in “footer box”
  3. Pressed “save settings”
  4. Testing: nothing changed/happened with the anchor links …
  5. Pressed “save settings” a second time
  6. Testing: now “Crelly Slider” is showing the “loading” sign permanently and no menu is laoding (in desktop and mobile version tests)
  7. If I remove the script evrything goes back to normal but we are back with the anchor links not working correctly (like in my initial post of yesterday)

Any idea why the Crelly Slider gets stuck? I left the script implemeted, so you can have a look on the “stuck” situation.
Thanks so much in advance for your help – very appreciated!

Cheers,
Marcel

Hi Kharis,

please help me out here asap, can’t finish the project with a “hanging” Crelly Slider and the anchor links not working … P.S. Also the menu is not loading with the slider “hanging” …

Your help is highly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Marcel

Hi Kharis,

Marcel here again. I would appreciate very much if you were telling me, how we can proceed together with my situation described above. With the script implemented the Slider is hanging and without the script the anchor links don’t work on mobile. Please, I have already a delay now with this project and I cannot let my customer wait any longer (I have a bit of pressure in my neck …). Any idea how to fix the situation? If you need my login data to have a direct look, please send me your email and I will grant you access immediately.

I really would appreciate giving me a short feedback.
Thanks in advance for your help and cheers!
Marcel

Dear Marchel,

I would like to apologize in advance for the delayed respond.

Could you please share your URL here so I can have a closer look? If you want it to remain private please send it to my email kharisblank @gmaildotcom, enclose the link to this thread.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, thanks for your reply!

The page is: http://arfgolf.com

If you need to login, let me know, I’ll en´mail you the credentials in that case.

Thanks so much!!!

Cheers!

Hello there,

Please give me a temporary login to your site admin area. You can send the login credentials to my email kharisblank @gmail dotcom, enclose the link to this thread.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I just sent you an email with the login credentials, please have a look asap, so I can finally come back to my client and tell him that the issue is resolved.

Thanks in advance for your highly appreciated help!

Cheers,
Marcel

Dear Marcel,

I’m looking into it. I’ll update you ASAP. Please be patient.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

12 days have past since I issued my first help request. Please don’t get me wrong, but I really need a solution for this issue!

I have a client who wants his mobile website to work properly. I also was the one recommending to use a “athemes”-theme for his WordPress project! Because up till now I was always very satisfied with your themes and the support you offer. So, please don’t let down a client who makes advertises for you guys at his own clients!

But this time, I am really not satisfied: I replied to all your answers within minutes and still the issue is not fixed!

So really, please don’t let me down here on putting me on a longer waiting time.

I REALLY need and I think all the other users of “West Pro”, too – a working mobile version of West Pro including the anchor links.

Testing UPDATE: I have also tested in the meanwhile the anchor links problem in “Silk Browser” on kindle fire. It is exact the same situation like on iOS!

Waiting for your quick solution to my pending problem.
Thanks in advance and cheers!

Marcel

Dear Kharis,

thank you for the final fix of the bug. I was testing on several platforms and devices, the anchor links are working perfectly now on mobile platforms.

Your help help was highly appreciated – thank you again.
And I will now definitely continue to recommend athemes-themes to my clients!

Cheers!

For other users of the theme with the same issue: here is the code snippet Kharis has implemented: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0445r74i20